Can I retrieve the chat message in meeting by API?

Description
We’ve developed a web portal for meeting purpose. Can we show the Zoom meeting chat on the web retrieved by Zoom API?

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth / JWT

Which Endpoint/s?
Web application

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
/

Screenshots (If applicable)
/

Additional context
/

Hi @Alice,

Good question. If you’re using our APIs, I’m afraid in-meeting chat is not accessible. (Our APIs are primarily for pre- and post- meeting activities like scheduling, updating meeting details, etc.)

However, if you leverage our Web SDK, in-meeting chat is part of the SDK functionality—perhaps you could consider embedding our SDK to show in-meeting chat:

Let me know if this helps!
Will

Thanks, Will. I’m new to this forum so please pardon my ignorant follow-up question. I just ended a meeting with my Sunday school music class in which the kids and I had an open discussion about the events of January 6 on Capitol Hill. A few students typed their feelings in the chat window.

At the end of class, I clicked the red “end session” button. I forgot to save the chat in advance. Moments later, while I was still in the 1-hour window of the scheduled session (we’d ended in ~50 minutes), I reopened the Zoom session in hopes of capturing the chat contents. But the chat window was empty.

Is there any way to recover that chat content?

Hi @swaranjali,

Thanks for reaching out about this—unfortunately, I’m very sorry to say that in-meeting Chat message history is not available after the meeting has ended.

While I don’t believe it’s possible to recover this, I might recommend reaching out to our Technical Support team to confirm.

Thanks,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.