Can suddenly not create a new meeting

Description
I have been able to create meetings with the API before, but now I get the error code 1113 for an email we are not even referencing.

This is my POST request to this endpoint https://api.zoom.us/v2/users/my_name@myaccount[dot]com/meetings:

{
“topic” => “Test”,
“type” => 2,
“start_time” => “2020-07-20T18:00:00.000+02:00”,
“duration” => 100
}

my_name@myaccount[dot]com is my Zoom account email.

Error
{
“code” => 1113,
“message” => "another_name@myaccount[dot]com is not associated with a Zoom account. "
}

another_name@myaccount[dot]com is obviously in reality a different email, but it is not the email we use in the endpoint URL to create the meeting for so I don’t understand why it shows up.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Which Endpoint/s?

Additional context
Other endpoints work, it is just this one that is acting up all of a sudden

I replaced the dots with “[dot]” for the emails to get around the “New user can only post 2 links” error.

Hey @skillbreak,

Can you share the userID of the user you are trying to add?

Also, not sure if this is the issue, but you are passing in an incorrect start_time, it should be like this:

2020-07-20T18:00:00Z

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @skillbreak,

Are you still seeing this issue? Can you try passing in me as the userId or your userId instead of the email?

Also can you share your request body in JSON format so I can test on my end?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @skillbreak,

That is very strange. Our engineering team is looking into this issue. I will get back to you with updates. (ZOOM-181603)

Thanks,
Tommy

Great Tommy, thanks for looking into it! It is super strange indeed.

Hey @skillbreak,

It looks like you are setting lina@ as an alternative host in your request body JSON. Since that email is not a user on your Zoom account, you will see that error.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @skillbreak,

Strange, let me forward this to our engineers. I will get back to you with an update.

-Tommy

1 Like

Hey @skillbreak,

We figured out the issue. ​You enabled “schedule meeting with PMI” option. So schedule meeting with PMI is enabled:

And in your PMI meeting info settings the alternative host is set to “lina@skillbreak.com”:

Please remove alternative host(“lina@skillbreak.com”) in your PMI meeting info settings.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks Tommy, it works now! Wouldnt have figured out this was the problem or even found this setting without you! We havent manually entered this information in the dashboard, so perhaps the setting was issued by an API call when we were playing around with the Zoom API initially.

1 Like

Happy to hear it is working now! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy