Cannot add / authorize app

Description

I have searched the forum for this error message but all the responses seem to be specific to the app.

We have a private app called intelytap-zoom used to pull zoom phone and sms records to our data warehouse. We need to re-add it and hence reauthorize it as we have lost our refresh token. The user is etavano (or maybe etavano@intelycare.com).

When you get to the Activation screen of the app, get the Add url and use it as that user, you get the following error message:

You cannot install the app because you don’t have the required permissions. Please contact your IT administrator for permission and try again.

That user has zoom phone management. What else does it need to install the app? We do not want to give it admin or account owner if at all possible.

Thank you.

Hi @etavano ,

If it is a private, non-published app and the user is external to your account, they will not be able to install your app. You can go the publishable url route, but this is a temporary fix.

Does that clarify things?

Gianni

This was a zoom user in my account, not external to the account.

I actually resolved this but I’m not sure how. I had admin temporarily and just clicking around, gave the role some permission that worked. I wish I knew what it was.

I had also submitted a support ticket. So, for future developers I note that they referred me to this page, which suggested either admin or the Marketplace permission: https://devsupport.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360059617312--You-cannot-authorize-the-app-error

But, the user’s role already had Marketplace. It wasn’t that one, but it was something near that one.

Thanks so much for the update!

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.