Cannot authorize app due to 'manage sub accounts' privileges

Description
We have a new app we have created and are in the process of building our integration. When we attempt to authorize this app (OAuth) to our Zoom account, we see the following errors. I have even attempted to perform this authorization as the Owner as well as via a user with a custom role that has all permissions enabled. Is this because our Zoom account is not designated as a “Master” account or is something else causing this?

Error

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth
Webhook

Which Endpoint/s?
Account Settings Updated Webhook
Chat Message Sent Webhook
Chat Message Replied Webhook
Meeting Created Webhook

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
OAuth authorization of our app to our new Zoom account.

Screenshots (If applicable)
Please see screenshot above in Error section.

Additional context

Hey @mattp,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. You should still be able to add these scopes even if you don’t have a master account, I tested this on my end. Please see this previous forum post and let me know if that helps:

Thanks,
Max

Thank you @MaxM

I’ve confirmed that the users on our account that have attempted this authorization are assigned to the Admin role, and they have these permissions assigned (Zoom for developers, Integration, and Marketplace). If we remove scopes from the app that are associated with “View and manage sub accounts”, the users are able to authorize the app just fine. It’s when we add any scopes that require these where it fails with the error indicated above. And unfortunately we need those scopes for the various subscription APIs. Is there another setting on the account or within the app that we may be missing?

Hey @mattp,

Thank you for the update. I double-checked this and noticed that while I downgraded my account from a master account and was able to install my application, there were still master account privileges enabled on the back-end. After fixing issues on the back-end, I saw that the option to enable sub-account privileges no longer existed:

All that is to say, you’re correct, these scopes are only available for master accounts. If you would like to learn more about getting a master account, please send an email to isvsupport@zoom.us.

Sorry for the confusion there, that’s my mistake. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.