Permissions for "View and Manage sub accounts"

Description
I have a Owner account and Sub-account(s). On my sub-account I have an oAuth app which I have enabled scopes necessary for using certain API’s. Please see screenshot below for reference of which scopes I have enabled. The scopes related to “View and Manage sub accounts” need authorisation by the Owner account I believe, please see screenshot below for error message, for my sub-account to have the scopes enabled on oAuth app to then test out API’s. However on the Owner account UI I am unable to find how to authorise these scopes or this oAuth app as a whole.
Please can you show us where to go to authorise the scopes of an oAuth app on a sub-account as the error message in screenshot would like us to?

Error
When “install” of app clicked we get this error message, also shown in below screenshot:

You cannot authorize the app

You cannot install the app because you don’t have the required permissions. Please contact your IT administrator for permission and try again.

• View and manage sub accounts
  • View and manage sub account’s user recordings

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth

Which Endpoint/s?
These are new endpoints for archiving events API which we require scopes enabled to test.
https://api.zoom.us/v2/archived_files /
https://api.zoom.us/v2/accounts/{accountId}/archived_files

**Screenshots **

Hey @fahima,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. Try installing this app as the account owner of the sub account. My understanding is that only that user will be able to authorize account level master scopes.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

Hey Max,

Thanks for the quick response.
We have created the OAuth app on the Owner account now with scopes required for testing this API.
How would a sub-account then get a hold of this Owner level OAuth account for them to use it to use the same api at their level?

Kind regards,
Fahima

Hey @fahima,

I think there may have been a misunderstanding. You should be able to install the app as the Account Owner of the sub account - not the Account Owner of the master account.

When installing it as the account owner of the sub account, that should enable the use of the master scopes.

Let me know if that makes sense.

Thanks,
Max

Hey Max,

I am not understanding entirely.
Please can you explain the steps on how to install the oAuth app as the Owner of the sub account?
Please can you clarify what the account Owner of the sub account is?

When Owner of the sub account is used to login, clicking install we get the above authorise app by admin error.
When Owner of master account credentials used to login, we cannot see the oAuth app created by sub account so we created the same app on master account which we can install by master account only.

Thanks,
Fahima

Hey @fahima,

Thank you for the update. Please send an email to developersupport@zoom.us with a link to this thread. In that email, please include the email of the app creator as well as the email of the user attempting to install the app.

I’ll use that information to make sure I have a good understanding of the situation before advising further.

Thanks,
Max

Hello Max,

I have now emailed you with subject line “OAuth app, created by master, install by sub-account” and request number “#10536603”.

Thanks,
Fahima

Hey @fahima,

Thank you for submitting a ticket, I’ll follow up with you there.

Thanks,
Max

In the interest of keeping the solution public, I’ll document it here before closing the thread.

We found that the information I provided was incorrect and you cannot install the unpublished app from the Master Account. The accounts are still treated as separate accounts in this instance.

Max

1 Like