Cannot authorize oauth app

Hello
I have several accounts, on the main account I have account level app with oauth authentication and it works good.
I tried to build same app on a sub account but I receive the following error:
You cannot install the app because you don’t have the required permissions. Please contact your IT administrator for permission and try again. Edit on Web Portal

I checked and saw that my user has Admin role and the admin role has all permissions.
Please advice
Uzi

1 Like

It appears that you’re encountering a permissions issue while trying to install an app with OAuth authentication on a sub-account, even though your user has an Admin role with all necessary permissions.

Here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot this issue:

1. Verify the app’s settings: Ensure that the app is configured correctly to be installed on sub-accounts. Some apps might have settings that limit their installation to specific accounts or require additional permissions. Double-check the app’s configuration to make sure it’s set up properly for sub-account installation.
  2. Check the sub-account’s permissions: While your main account user has the Admin role, it’s possible that the sub-account has different permission settings. Review the sub-account’s permissions and ensure that the necessary permissions are granted to the Admin role on that specific sub-account.
  3. Reauthenticate your account: Log out of your account and log back in to refresh your session. This can help ensure that your admin role and permissions are being recognized correctly.
  4. Review OAuth scopes: Ensure that the OAuth scopes defined in your editing app’s settings are accurate and include the necessary permissions for installation on sub-accounts. Some apps may require additional scopes for sub-account installations.
  5. Contact support: If none of the above steps resolves the issue, reach out to the platform’s support team. They can help diagnose the issue further and provide assistance in resolving the permissions problem.
1 Like

Hi, I got the same problem with Uzi, I tried to build an app on an admin account but I received the following error:
You cannot install the app because you don’t have the required permissions. Please contact your IT administrator for permission and try again. Edit on Web Portal
User and Permission Management–View and Edit “Role management”

I checked and saw that my user has an Admin role and the admin role has all permissions.
And I tried all the ways you mentioned but failed.
Please advice

1 Like

I have granted the “Role management” View and Edit permission.

Please advise.

1 Like

I have the same issue. Please can someone advise?

Hi @TG1
Thanks for reaching out to us, can you please share more details about the issue you are facing? this is quite an old thread so the detailed explanation would be super helpful

Was this resolved? Getting the same issue here with my oauth app. It used to work fine?

Edit: Have added User Permissions in the App Marketplace for my account. Does this take time to kick in? Still getting the same issue