Can't get user that was created through the API

Description
I created a user with the API and got a successful response. Now when I try to get that user’s details, using either the ID or the email address, I get error code 1001, user does not exist. However, when I list all the users on the account, that user shows up in the list. It seems to be specific to this user. I am able to get other users, just not this one.

Error

{
    "code": 1001,
    "message": "User does not exist: testcreateuser@afjlsfsfj.com."
}

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Which Endpoint/s?
GET /users/{userId} https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/users/user

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Here is the request from Postman:

GET /v2/users/testcreateuser@afjlsfsfj.com?login_type=99 HTTP/1.1
Authorization: Bearer User-Agent: PostmanRuntime/7.28.4
Accept: */*
Postman-Token: 01fe2247-0862-4a0d-9fe4-df5c028be1f4
Host: api.zoom.us
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate, br
Connection: keep-alive

Screenshots (If applicable)
Here is the user showing up under User Management, but if I try to edit it also says user does not exist.

Hi @chris.ota ,

Happy to help! Can you share:

• The specific endpoint you used to add the user
  • The full request used to add user
  • The full payload response/status code you received when you added the user
    Please substitute any sensitive information with dummy data or “redacted”

Thank you!

Hi @gianni.zoom,

Unfortunately I don’t have the actual request/response anymore. The endpoint was POST https://api.zoom.us/v2/users

And the request body would have looked like:

{
    "action": "custCreate",
    "user_info": {
        "email": "testcreateuser@afjlsfsfj.com",
        "type": 2,
        "first_name": "test",
        "last_name": "test"
    }
}

I see @chris.ota . Having the exact request/response helps us to replicate and test the issue. Did you use Postman by any chance? If so, you can access the history of requests made: https://learning.postman.com/docs/getting-started/navigating-postman/

Alternatively, can you please re-do your request to try and replicate the issue, record exactly what you did and submit that information here? :slight_smile:

The original create user request/response was done by automated test and were not saved. Unfortunately not using Postman. I’ve tried to replicate using Postman but have not been able to.

It seems like there is something wrong with that specific user. When I try to delete through the admin or the API, I get the same “user does not exist” response. But I also can’t create another user with that email address either. It’s like that user is corrupt or something. If you could delete it for me that would help.

Thanks.

Hi @chris.ota ,

Send an email to developersupport@zoom.us with that user’s info, a link to this thread and me and addressed and we’ll work to resolve this for you!

Gianni

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.