User is being listed but doesn't exist

Description
We’re creating a user through the API but randomly, it seems like the user wasn’t isn’t created and we can’t access it as well.
This happens in a random way, but when it happens (not frequent to worry about but when it happens, it bothers a lot because we need to act on something the API does automatically =/), basically we can see the user listed but we can’t interact with it, for example, detail it, access, etc.

Error
Captura de tela de 2021-03-02 14-16-24

Which Endpoint/s?
v2/user

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
Create the user using the v2/user endpoint with the custCreate action.

1 Like

Hi @thadeu.barbosa,

Strange, thanks for reaching out about this! Happy to help investigate.

Is it possible to share an example of one of the requests you send that generated this error? And to clarify, is the screenshot above from the browser?

Lastly, when this happens, are you sending a lot of requests in a short amount of time?

Let me know—thanks!
Will

Hello @will.zoom

I work together with @thadeu.barbosa

We created the user using the following request:

{
  "action": "custCreate",
  "User Information": {
    "email": "fake@email.com",
    "type 1,
    "first_name": "Fake",
    "last_name": "User"
  }
}

But, in some cases, when searching for the user the error 1001 is returned, as the user monicalameza_199788@gmail.com.

Another question is: how can I recover from this error? Because I can’t delete and create the user again.

Hi @itallo.costa,

To clarify, do you mean that when querying the user via the API, it doesn’t exist, and when accessing the user via the UI you are seeing the error as well? I ask because after using custCreate, you should be able to access the user via the API.

I also want to confirm that the screenshot included in your initial post is the error that you encounter when you click the username from the Zoom portal? When you query this user via the API, do you also get an error?

Please confirm these details when you can—thanks!
Will

Hi Will, thanks for the reply!

At first, we create the user through the API and we can see it while listing the users (we can see the user also inside the Zoom’s dashboard) but either through the API or dashboard, when we try to access the user, it seems like it doesn’t exist and it seems to be locked in a way we can’t delete or recreate it with the same e-mail so we need to recreate it with another email.

About the second question, the screenshot is from the zoom’s dashboard.

Thanks!

Hey @thadeu.barbosa,

Thanks for confirming these details. We’re looking into this for you (ZOOM-256708).

Thanks,
Will

Hey @will.zoom, we had the same problem again with another user. Also, we’ve recorded the screen so we could send it to help you guys to analyse it.

Since it shows - partially - our dashboard, can we send it to you in private so you can check it?

Hey @thadeu.barbosa,

Thanks for letting me know—can you send these details in email to developersupport@zoom.us?

Thanks!
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.