Error
User doesn’t exist
**Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?- JWT

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
1.Url -https://api.zoom.us/v2/users/{userid}/meetings. See error
USER DOESN’T EXIST

Additional context

CREATED THE JWT APP BY ABC USER AND PASSING XYZ USER TO ABOVE LINK CAN IT WORK WITH DIFFERENT MAIL IDS ?
I WANT TO ADD CREATE API FOR DIFFERENT USER IDS USING SAME APP KEY AND SECRET KEY.

Hey @tushars,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. Are you using the Create a User API or the Get a User API when you see this error? In other words, when making the request are you using a GET method or a POST method?

If you are trying to retrieve a user under your account, make sure that you have created them on you account either with the Zoom Web Portal or the Create a User API.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM ,

Using below link - As post method
https://api.zoom.us/v2/users/userid/meetings

The user id(xyz@gmail.com)which I want to pass through above url is also registered on zoom separately.And in the code app key and app secret key I am using is of my account (e.g.abc@gmail.com)

Here I Can’t pass any other userid to make host of meeting through the same app key and secret key of my account and getting user doesn’t exist error.

@MaxM Hello I am attaching my code snippet

In this snippet suppose ABC@gmail.com is my Zoom account in which I created a JWT app where I get Secret and app key using those key should different user(XYZ@gmail.com or any other user id) can create meeting ?
Or any suggestions what changes do I need to do in this?

***Added some comments on attachment also

Hey @tushars,

Thanks for providing more information on what you’re doing. If you are using a JWT App, user xyz@gmail.com must be a user under your Zoom account. If you wanted to query the API on behalf of another user then that’s where you would want to use a published OAuth App.

In other words, with JWT you won’t be able to use the Get a User API or the Create a Meeting API with users that weren’t created under your account.

You may find our article on managing users to be useful.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.