Can't join a meeting thats scheduled for the past?

Description
We create zoom meetings for our clients through the create meeting API to help them schedule a series of interviews. We set type:2 and join_before_host:true. We reuse zoom meeting ids between interviews. We ran into an issue today where a set of interviews were scheduled over two days using the same Zoom Meeting ID. The attendees where able to join the meeting on 4/20 but were unable to join the same meeting id on 4/21. This had worked for us in the past and the documentation seems to suggest that all schedules meetings should be live for 30 days after they are scheduled.

Error
User is unable to join meeting ID today that they used yesterday. Receiving error: "The meeting is scheduled for 20-04-2021"

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth

Which Endpoint/s?

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Create meeting through the above api
  2. Join meeting at the scheduled time
  3. Join meeting the next day to experience the error

Screenshots (If applicable)
Screen Shot 2021-04-21 at 1.20.52 PM
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem.

Any suggestions on fixes or insights on why this might be happening would be greatly appreciated!

Hey @chrismodernloop,

Thanks for reaching out about this. Can you share the Meeting ID and host details with our Technical Support team here? They’ll be able to check the meeting details and help determine why you ran into this.

Thanks!
Will

Thanks Will! I did so.

Is there a list of general reasons why someone might get this screen for a meeting that was scheduled but also attended in the past? Just this moment I hit this same issue organically when trying to talk to one of my partner companies.

Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 11.15.42 AM

Hi @chrismodernloop,

This message could appear for a few reasons, most commonly if the waiting room is enabled and the ‘join before host’ setting is disabled.

However, our Support team will be able to confirm this for you.

Thanks,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.