Can't see our cam video

Description
We implemented Component View. And when the users join the meeting and open their cam, they can’t see their own video. But when we checked it on Zoom client as another user including the host, we can see their video. So this behaviour is expected or not?

Browser Console Error
There’s no error on our console.

Which Web Meeting SDK version?

Meeting SDK Code Snippets

const client = ZoomMtgEmbedded.createClient();
client.init({
  debug: true,
  zoomAppRoot: meetingSDKElement,
  language: 'en-US',
  customize: {
    meetingInfo: [
      'topic',
      'host',
      'mn',
      'pwd',
      'telPwd',
      'invite',
      'participant',
      'dc',
      'enctype',
    ],
  },
});

client.join({
  signature,
  meetingNumber: detail.rawSessionID,
  password: '',
  userName: user.username,
  apiKey: config.REACT_APP_LIVECLASS_ZOOM_API_KEY,
});

Screenshots

Device (please complete the following information):
All devices

Hi @shabanzo

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum, I am happy to help here!

I am not able to replicate the issue you are facing, I tried the same and I was able to see my video with the WebSDK app and also with the client.

Have you tested our sample app? Here is the link GitHub - zoom/sample-app-web: Zoom Web SDK Sample App

Please let me know if you encounter the same issues with the sample app
Best,
Elisa

Hi @elisa.zoom ! :wave:

Yup, we also tried it on the sample app and the video doesn’t appear

I think it’s expected :bowing_man:

FYI, it’s on component view SDK (embedded)

Thank you!

Best regards,
Sya’ban

Hi @elisa.zoom :wave:

We got a new issue that we can’t click start video on component view. Even we tried to click it on the sample app too and it doesn’t work. :thinking:

We’re using version: 2.0.1.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Sya’ban

NVM it solved after we implemented cross-origin isolation.
Thank you guys!

1 Like

Hey @shabanzo

Im glad it is working now!
I was going to suggest that since it is the only thing that I did in order to make the video work

Thanks for the update
Elisa

This feels very similar to the issue I reported here! Webcam initialisation fails in Google Chrome w/ client web SDK v2.1.0

As far as I understand implementing cross-origin isolation is only meant to offer a performance boost, not be a requirement to using the web client in Google Chrome.

Hey @thibaud.colas,

I responded there as well. Thank you!

You’ll see significant performance improvement by following our guide on Improving Web SDK Performance. When the self-view doesn’t display without it, it’s actually loading and will display eventually. Following that guide allows the self-view to display immediately.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.