Can't trigger Participant Joined Webhook

Description
I am trying to make webhook for Participant Joined event. However, I haven’t been able to trigger it successfully and reach my endpoint. Honestly, I have no idea what I am doing wrong here.
I have created an APP which successfully creates and deletes meetings for the users in my account.
I then created an Event subscription for two event types - Participant/Host joined meeting and Participant/Host left meeting. I suspect there is an issue with my endpoint, but I have no idea how to test and resolve the issue. What additional information do you need in order to help me resolve the issue?

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
I am using OAuth App type.

Best regards,
Viet

Hi @tranvinhviet,

Thanks for reaching out about this, and happy to help—a few things to check:

• Make sure your endpoint is prepared to return a 200OK response upon receiving Zoom payloads (otherwise our requests can silently fail)
  • Make sure you’ve installed the OAuth App under the account you’re testing the events with
  • If you’re installing the Production instance of your app (using the Publishable URL), make sure you’ve regenerated the URL after making any changes to your endpoints/event subscriptions

Can you let me know if this gives you any better luck?

Thanks,
Will

Hi @will.zoom ,

Thanks for the quick reply. It seems it can only work for Development instance at the moment and I was using it for Production. May I know why is that? My app will probably not be published since it is mainly for internal usage, however, when I create and delete meetings via the App it works fine with the Production credentials. But for the webhook, the Production credentials doesn’t seem to work. The Development ones work which is usable for us, but I would still love to know what I am missing.

Best regards,
Viet

Hi @tranvinhviet,

Thanks for confirming. How have you installed the app on your account? Have you ensured that you’ve installed the production instance of the app (using the “Publishable URL” from the Submit tab of your app)?

If you installed the app using the Local Test option (dev instance), it would make sense that you’re only getting notifications on development.

Can you try reinstalling the production instance of the app and let me know if this resolves the issue?

Thanks,
Will

Hi @will.zoom ,

It is all very strange and I believe there is some bug involved. I did try it with development credentials and it worked. However, my colleagues who didn’t know about the issue, tried it with the production credentials for another licensed user in the same account and it worked as well. But a few days before, it wasn’t working, and I don’t think I made any adjustments in between…
I really don’t know what to tell you anymore. At this moment is working properly for us and that is all good. Thanks a lot for your time, attention and assistance!
As for your questions - I believe I have properly installed it on our account, otherwise it wouldn’t be working for the creating/deleting of Meetings. And I do use the “Publishable URL”. Also, I haven’t used the Local Test option.

Best regards,
Viet

Hi @tranvinhviet,

I see, thanks for letting me know! If you do run into issues with this again, or have further questions about this, please let us know. :slight_smile:

Best,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.