changeName function does not work

Description
We recently update to the latest Zoom SDK (v5.5.12509.0401) and now users are unable to change their own names. Only host/co-host can change names, but a user is unable to change their own name.

Which iOS Client SDK version?
v5.5.12509.0401

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Call MobileRTCMeetingService.changeName("New Name", myselfUserID)
  2. Call fails if user is not the host or a co-host

Smartphone (please complete the following information):

• Device: iPhone/iPad

Additional context
This previously worked fine.

Hey @jeremy.provost,

Thanks for using the dev forum! It is nice to see you again :slight_smile:

I ran a test and saw similar behavior. Spoke with the team and this does look to be a bug. Will file a bug report for this.

Thanks!
Michael

OK thanks. While they are looking at it there is something else related that I would like to mention. It isn’t exactly a bug, because it’s working as documented. isParticipantsRenameAllowed only works for host or cohost. It would be great if this worked for any user so that you knew if changeName would work ahead of time. Thanks again.

1 Like

I agree, that makes sense. Will add to the report.

Michael

Hey @jeremy.provost,

This bug will be fixed in an upcoming hotfix release.

Thanks!
Michael

2 Likes

Hey @jeremy.provost,

The hotfix is now published. Can you update and let me know if you are still seeing this issue?

Thanks!
Michael

1 Like

Works great. Thanks! I see they enabled any participant to query isParticipantsRenameAllowed so that’s awesome (although the documentation still says it’s for host/co-host only.

1 Like

Hey @jeremy.provost,

Awesome! I am super happy to hear :slight_smile:
We will get that documentation updated, thank your for pointing that out.

Thanks!
Michael

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.