Channel options for interpretation

Currently, when working as an interpreter on Zoom, I cannot listen to the language to which I am interpreting without changing the language channel. This is obviously not a problem when I am actually speaking, but interpreters often work in pairs and it would be useful to be able to hear my partner interpreter when they are interpreting and I am resting, as though we were sharing a physical booth.

So, for example, one interpreter is interpreting from English into French, listening to English and speaking on the French channel. Ideally the other interpreter would be able to listen to either the original English or the French interpretation, without switching their output/speaking language, so that when it is their turn to interpret, they are already on the required output channel (in this case French).

The ability to select any language to listen to, regardless of which output/speaking channel is selected.

At the moment, you can listen to your interpretation language, but when it is your turn to interpret, you have to switch the output language back, which is an added stress at a time when you are already under significant mental pressure. It also creates an added complication during relay interpreting.

It would be really helpful if the remote Zoom interpreting experience could be enhanced by adding this feature to bring it closer to the way interpreters work in person.