Chat Message Webhooks are not working

Description
Chat message webhooks are not firing, although Meeting webhooks are working fine.

Error
not getting any error message, it’s just not working, also there are no logs at all (not even for Meeting webhooks which seems to be working for me

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
Webhook

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Create a new User managed OAuth app
  2. Put the endpoint & enable event subscription for Chat message

Screenshots (If applicable)

Hey @chandel.abhishek,

Has the user installed the OAuth app and sent a Zoom Chat message?

Thanks,
Tommy

yes, I tried it myself

Hey @chandel.abhishek,

I just tested and received the chat webhooks:

Are you still seeing this issue?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,

I tried with both Chat Channel & Chat Message, also tried creating a new User managed OAuth app, still not receiving any webhook related to chat.

Moreover, I am not able to see anything in the logs (even for the webhooks which are working, ex - participant join, participant left, etc)

Hi @chandel.abhishek,

Thanks for getting back to us with clarification.

As a next step, would it be possible to share the write-to URL you’re using to receive webhooks at? I’d be happy to try pinging it from my end to help debug.

Let me know!

Best,
Will

I am testing on the dev server using a static ngRok URL, so it may not be running when you test it, do you want me to share a hosted URL?

Hey @chandel.abhishek,

Gotcha. Are you able to make POST requests to your ngrok url and see them come in on your server?

If you are, please let us know.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,

Yes, ngrok url is working, I am getting other events from zoom such as meeting.participant_joined, meeting.participant_left.

One thing to notice here is that these events (which I am getting) are not visible on webhook logs

Hey @chandel.abhishek,

I have just private messaged you. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey everyone,

To follow up, @chandel.abhishek was trying to use the Chat Message webhook with “In Meeting Chat”.

The Chat Message Webhooks only work with the Zoom Chat Client.

We are looking into adding API’s and Webhooks for “In Meeting Chat” in the future.

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.