Chat to everyone results in ZoomSDKError_InvalidPrameter

Description
The chat message interface has now changed to include a ZoomSDKChatMessageType however when trying to broadcast a public message it always fails with InvalidParameter. The interface requires a toUser id field. Previously 0 would broadcast to everyone but now it doesn’t work with the latest sdk.

Is this a bug or am I misusing the SDK?

Which version?
5.4.3 (54528.1230)

1 Like

Hi @timazed, thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you are running into issues with sending public chat messages in the latest release of the SDK. In order to look into this, can you please provide the following information:

• A code snippet showing how you are sending the chat message
  • The return value of the sendChat method
  • The versions of Xcode and macOS you are running

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom,

ZoomSDKMeetingActionController *controller = [[[[ZoomSDK sharedSDK] getMeetingService] getMeetingActionController]];
ZoomSDKError value = [controller sendChat:@"my test message" toUser:0 chatType:ZoomSDKChatMessageType_To_All];
NSLog(@"TEST RESULT: %d", value);

The return value is always ZoomSDKError_InvalidPrameter
I’m using catalina 10.15.7 xcode 10.3.

Cheers,
Tim

1 Like

Hi @timazed, thanks for providing the additional info.

I have been able to consistently reproduce this in our sample app and cannot find an immediate workaround for this problem.

We will investigate this behavior and let you know as soon as there is an update.

Thanks!

Thanks @jon.zoom,

Hey @timazed,

Jon is currently out, so I will take over this thread and provide updates if they come before he returns.

Thanks!
Michael

Hi @timazed, I hope all is well.

This issue should be resolved in our latest SDK release. Please download the latest version and let me know if you are still seeing any issues at your convenience.

Thanks!