ChromeOS does not allow more than 1 video

Format Your New Topic as Follows:

Zoom Video SDK 1.11.0

Description
Chromebook with latest OS, 123 receives max video subscriptions (1) when attempting to display more than 1 video.

SharedArrayBuffer is enabled.

Enforce multiple videos during init() does not change anything.

If I switch to chrome responsive modes such as iphone SE, it displays more than 1 video.

Surely this is bug?

Error?
subscription video counts greater than maximum size(1)

Troubleshooting Routes
Try to start 2 videos on ChromeOS desktop mode, no dev tools. Works fine on windows and macbook chrome.

How To Reproduce

1. Enable your video.
  2. Enable video on another device.
  3. Error is received.

Hey @kevin6

Thanks for your feedback.

Could you share the session ID with us for troubleshooting purposes?

Thanks
Vic

I believe this is a session with a lot of different devices, including chromebook.

We tested with 2 different chromebooks and the issue is present on both devices.

ID: "gtWmCL8kRqWAiKOLgcw95Q== "

Another note, when trying to enable background noise suppression on chromebook, it does need seem to detect SharedBufferArray is enabled, even though I run the console commands to verify it. Working fine on all other devices

Hey @kevin6

"gtWmCL8kRqWAiKOLgcw95Q== "

We analyzed the session ID you provided and found that while sharedArrayBuffer is enabled on one of the Chrome OS devices, its performance is relatively weak, with only 2 logical cores in the CPU, which cannot meet the requirements for multiple videos.

You can check the available cores using the following statement:

console.log(navigator.hardwareConcurrency);

Thanks
Vic

Is this in the documentation somewhere? At least an error message indicating that this is due to a hardware limitation would have been incredibly useful…

It still doesn’t make sense why it WILL render 2 videos when I switch to responsive mode and choose something like iPhone SE… So it is capable (even if performance is bad) but is being blocked by the SDK

Nevermind, it works on responsive mode because one goes on canvas one goes on a video component.

An error message for this or documentation would have been incredible