Cloud recording for basic user added in pro account

I have a pro account in which I have added multiple basic users. Now using JWT I am creating multiple meetings for them from my PRO account. I just wanted to confirm is there a way that I can enable the cloud recording for them on my PRO account itself. Like if one of my user meetings was scheduled from PRO account API then can the recording be saved on the cloud under my PRO account?

I am using JWT and webhooks for all the zoom events.

Hey @arpit,

You can enforce cloud recording via the account settings, but each users cloud recording will show up in their account.

You can view your users cloud recordings here: https://zoom.us/recording/management

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks for the reply Tommy, but I tried that but everytime I create the meeting and provide the auto-recording parameter as “cloud” in the API call, when I check the response the recording parameter is showing as “none”. I think that is because the user for which I am creating the meeting is a basic user (free user).

So in this case, if I am creating a meeting for a basic user (not licensed) then is there a way to get the recording? I am using my PRO account to create the meeting for my basic (free) user.

Hey @arpit,

I see, if the user is a free user, you cannot set up auto recording for them.

Thanks,
Tommy