Cloud recording issue

Description
Hello,

I am trying to integrate some of my cloud recordings videos on my website to put them playable by my clients. But It always shows this error when I put the video in an Iframe .
this is my cloud recording : IT Security Act 2.0 - Impact and recommendations for providers - Zoom

Error
I can play it in your website but not in an Iframe in my website
Can you please why am I always getting this error
“The media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported.”
and How can I get rid of it?

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
Knowing the endpoint/s can help us to identify your issue faster. Please link the ones you need help/have a question with.

Which Endpoint/s?

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Request URL / Headers (without credentials) / Body
  2. See error

Screenshots (If applicable)

Additional context
Add any other context about the problem here.

We saw that this does not work because the iframe tries to access cookies which are not available in the iframe. It’s an issue which I saw mentioned here several times already. It worked with older Chrome versions but not with newer ones were third party cookies are treated differently, I think this is the reason.

Zoom’s response was so far that they do not want to change this and recommend uploading the videos to youtube instead.

Hi @chiheb.hmida,

I believe we’ve already connected over email, but posting here as well.

I should note that iFraming the play_url for a cloud recording is not an officially supported method for embedding playback from Zoom Cloud Recordings.

To ensure that you have the best playback experience and quality, we recommend uploading the video to youtube and embedding the video this way to avoid any issues.

I hope this helps to clarify.

Thanks,
Will

Helo Mr Will,
Thank you for your quick answer, I read your previous answer in similar question and you said that " However, you can use our APIs and Webhooks to retrieve these individually and reconstruct this functionality on your end, if you wish.

Our Cloud Recording APIs and Webhooks return two main URLs:

• download_url
  • playback_url"

this playback_url or play_url URL will help me in which purpose, on what can I use it ,
is it the same that I can get from my account in recordings tabs like this URL :

thank you for your answer

This is the topic that I was talking about :

Hi @chiheb.hmida,

Thanks for sharing! To clarify, when I say that you can use the download url, I mean that you will want to use the download_url to download the recording locally or to another playback service. Once you’ve downloaded the recording, you can upload this to Youtube, Google, etc. and embed their playback capabilities, which support iFraming.

Let me know if this helps to clarify—thanks!
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.