Cloud Recording Registrant On Recurring Meeting Only Working For Latest Webinar/Meeting

Hi there,

I’m trying to add a cloud recording registrant for a recurring meeting/webinar. However, the issue I seem to be finding is that the registrant is only applied to the latest recording. The only way I can then apply a registrant to a older recording is to delete the newest recording.

I assume this is because the webinar ID that is associated with all of the recordings are technically the same so is there another ID I can reference? Zoom must somehow be able to find one webinar from another even in a recurring series.

Thanks!

Ok so I have seen that there are occurence IDs for recurring meetings such as ?occurrence=1657798200000

Is there a way that I can reference this when adding a new cloud recording registrant.

Hi @digital-medium
Thanks for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum, I am happy to help here!
Are you referring to the Create Recording Registrant endpoint here?

Hi @elisa.zoom

Yes that’s correct

Hi @elisa.zoom

Just checking that you had seen my previous response confirming which endpoint I was referring to?

Yes @digital-medium
I am still testing this issue on my end.
I will update you shortly

Hi @elisa.zoom

Any update? Please let me know if there is any further information you need from me.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Hi @digital-medium
Thank you for your patience while I worked on this issue.
I was able to do some testing on my end and it looks like the registrants are only added to the latest recording of a recurring meeting, as you mentioned.
I tried passing the occurrenceID but I kept getting an error “Meeting does not exist”

I will go ahead and report this issue with engineering and will update you shortly.
Best,
Elisa

Hi Elisa,

Thanks for confirming that you can replicate the issue.

However, I assume that if there is an issue (which it seems likely there is) that it may take some time to fix. So I guess is there another way in which I can add the registrants to a recording (even if I have to do it manually for the time being). I can’t seem to find anyway of adding cloud recording registrants in the Zoom website unlike with registration for a webinar where there’s the option of adding registrants in bulk through a CSV.

Also we sometimes will restart a webinar that is running (usually so that we can get the cloud recordings to be processed) do you know if the same issue would happen if the same webinar was restarted (rather than it being a recurring webinar) as again like with the recurring webinars, the recordings would technically be related to the same webinar ID?

Thanks,

Jonathan

Hi @digital-medium

I just heard back from our Engineering team and it looks that we are missing some information in our Docs, because you should be able to add registrants using the meeting uuid

For your scenario, you need to know every instances’ meeting uuid, and then try to add registrants for each instance, you can call the List past meeting instances to get the all the meeting uuids.

Hi Elisa,

I can confirm that this solution works. Thank you very much for your assistance!

However, I assume that there isn’t any way of being able to bulk uploading cloud recording registrants? There is still a slight issue in the fact that I am going to have to upload about 1000 cloud registrants to 13 different separate webinar instances. I do have certain tools such as Postman to run API calls in bulk but I guess I was hoping for a similar function to the Add Batch Webinar Registrants Endpoint where I can batch add registrations to a webinar. Or a way to upload registrants as a CSV on the Zoom website.

Hi @digital-medium
I am glad to hear that this solution worked.
Yes, you are right when assuming that we do not have an endpoint to bulk update cloud recording registrants.

I see how this will be an issue for you since you will have to do it manually but unfortunately, we do not have it right now. Feel free to make a feature request here:

Have a great day ahead,
Elisa

This topic was automatically closed 368 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.