Code 1001: user does not exist, but they do and are setup with scheduling privs

Using this template helps us debug your issues more effectively :slight_smile:

Description
I am trying to create a scheduled meeting with multiple alternative hosts via the users/:userid/meetings endpoint, and am getting the response code:1001 user does not exist.

I get the same error when i try to use the email address or the userID which is obtained from hitting endpoint “list users”.

I have also setup scheduling privileges on this users account.

Error
{
“code”: 1001,
“message”: “User does not exist: xxxxx@xxxx.com.”
}

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT authentication

Which Endpoint/s?
users/meetings

How To Reproduce (If applicable)

var axios = require('axios');
var data = JSON.stringify({"topic":"test meeting","type":"2","start_time":"2022-02-01T19:00:00+00:00","duration":"30","schedule_for":"brian@bkkling.com","timezone":"US/Arizona","password":"string1","agenda":"This is the agenda text","settings":{"alternative_hosts":"x1@xxxxx.com;x2@xxxxx.com","registrants_email_notification":"true"}});

var config = {
  method: 'post',
  url: 'https://api.zoom.us/v2/users/xxxxx@xxxx.com/meetings',
  headers: { 
    'Content-Type': 'application/json', 
    'Authorization': 'Bearer xxxxxxxxxxxx', 
    'Cookie': 'cred=AAA297087F62C6A3492EB5D9F04527C1'
  },
  data : data
};

axios(config)
.then(function (response) {
  console.log(JSON.stringify(response.data));
})
.catch(function (error) {
  console.log(error);
});

Hi @bk-zoom ,

Thank you for sharing! I was not able to reproduce your error. See below:

Can you see the users you’re trying to set as alternative hosts under “Users” on the Admin web portal? Sign In - Zoom

Gianni

The problem is your API doc’s are unclear on using this feature…

For anyone else running into this, here is the problem and fix:

I had to remove the “schedule_for” parameter in the payload body and now it works utilizing the path variable “:userId” and inputting userID/email passed into the URL for the end point.

{{baseUrl}}/users/:userId/meetings

Can you please advise proper use case for booking a meeting on behalf of another user? What is the function of “schedule_for” in the payload body, versus the userId/email passed into the URL endpoint?

@bk-zoom The schedule_for field allows you to schedule the meeting on behalf of another user. It can only be used when scheduling privileges are configured.

I agree that the documentation for the Create a Meeting API could be clearer about this. I’ll work with our docs team to get this fixed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.