Controling who can attend a meeting through 3rd party system

I’m a php developer. I have a requirement to, allow only those who paid to view my meetings. Please understand following factors clearly.

• I have developed user login system in php and only paid members can log into the system. Nothing wrong in that.

• When a paid member log into my system they can click on a button which will open Zoom app in their PC or laptop and can view my meeting. They do not log into zoom because they already log into my system.

• If somehow a non paid member find my meeting ID and password and try to attend my meeting, zoom should not allow him/her viewing my meeting.

I tried this by getting vanity url with SSO but after spending tons of hours reading articles and support documents by zoom I was unable to achieve this. But I know this can be done.

If someone can help me, please tell me how can i do this?

Hi @jayashricom,

Thanks for reaching out with your use case, and welcome to our Developer Community!

In regards to what you’re trying to achieve, I have a couple of recommendations. My first recommendation would be to consider utilizing Meeting Registration, and programmatically registering your users on the backend (I understand they’re already logged into your system). You can programmatically approve meeting participants using the Add Meeting Registrant endpoint, and this returns a unique join_url.

You could leverage this unique join_url to open up a user’s Zoom meeting, ensuring there’s a 1:1 relationship between each of your users being logged into your system and their ability to join the meeting. If they don’t log into your system and aren’t registered, they wouldn’t be able to join.

Another option you could consider would be an authentication profile based on domain. If you know your users’ email domains, you could restrict entry to your meetings based on this.

I hope this information is helpful, but let me know if you have additional questions.

Best,
Will

Hi @will.zoom,
Awesome, it worked. I was able to solve my issue with Add Meeting Registrant endpoint. One more thing I need to know? Is it ok if I register one user programmatically and allow all my system logged in users to use that account?

Thank you so much for your kind support.
Best Regards,
Jayashricom

Hey @jayashricom,

Glad that worked! In regards to your question:

Is it ok if I register one user programmatically and allow all my system logged in users to use that account?

Do you mean that you would be using one join_url for that registered user and sharing it across different users? Or are you referring to something else?

Let me know—thanks!
Will

HI @will.zoom,
Yes I mean using one join_url for that registered user and sharing it across different users. In that way I need to register only one user for a meeting and let all others (logged into my system) join with same unique join_url. Is it possible? Is it legal?

Thanks for your great support!
Jayashricom

Hi @jayashricom,

I see, thanks for clarifying. While this is not necessarily recommended (as you won’t be able to track unique registrants if they’re all sharing the same join_url), this is entirely up to you if it’s the approach you’d like to take. It’s not an issue for Zoom, if that’s the question. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Will

Hi @will.zoom,

Thank you for your reply. Yes I understand the better way is not to share same join_url with all participants.

Thank you so much for the great support again.

Jayashricom

No problem, @jayashricom. Glad I could help!

Hi @will.zoom,
Does Add Meeting Registrant endpoint work with pro plan?

Thanks
Jayashricom

Hey @jayashricom,

Thank you for your question. Looking at the Add Meeting Registrant API, we can see that the only prerequisite is that the user is licensed. This means that with your Pro account, any user that you assign a license to will be able to use the API.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.