Create meeting link for existing users in database for a website

Description
I am trying create meeting link for existing users(Tutors) in website(React). What api endpoint should i use?

• Its 1-many meeting.
  • a tutor can have 4 sessions(1hr slot).

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Hey @gokulyc,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. If you are looking to obtain a link to join a meeting, you can use the join_url from the Create a Meeting API. Otherwise, there isn’t a specific URL that we expose which end users can click to create a meeting. Instead, they should use the Zoom Client or Zoom Portal to schedule meetings.

Alternatively, on your site you can create routes that will call the Create a Meeting API on the back-end of your website.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

1 Like

I am getting <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>

Unsupported Content Type

in post man

exported as javascript fetch

var myHeaders = new Headers();

myHeaders.append(“Content-Type”, “application/json”);

myHeaders.append(“Authorization”, “Bearer eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJhdWQiOm51bGwsImlzcyI6IktiNF9SZ0xnUURxQnF3R0JWNVpfeXciLCJleHAiOjE2MTAwMzQzMjMsImlhdCI6MTYxMDAyODkyNH0.C-S8_DRh9RqyTV0GX_eM6-EQWa8UfF9AhjSCp4HZWKc”);

myHeaders.append(“Kb4_RgLgQDqBqwGBV5Z_yw”, “P6XEhKzVHB4HTcW8VWnCtxKlkbcBge8lAfPa”);

myHeaders.append(“Cookie”, “cred=8F479D3F04C978B37E5DB7B734FEBB45”);

var formdata = new FormData();

formdata.append(“topic”, “hello team”);

formdata.append(“type”, “1”);

formdata.append(“start_time”, “2021-01-31T12:02:00”);

formdata.append(“duration”, “30”);

formdata.append(“schedule_for”, “gokuly93@gmail.com”);

formdata.append(“timezone”, “Asia/Calcutta”);

formdata.append(“password”, “987654321”);

formdata.append(“agenda”, “test meet”);

formdata.append(“json”, “true”);

var requestOptions = {

method: ‘POST’,

headers: myHeaders,

body: formdata,

redirect: ‘follow’

};

fetch(“https://api.zoom.us/v2/users/gokulyc@gmail.com/meetings”, requestOptions)

.then(response => response.text())

.then(result => console.log(result))

.catch(error => console.log(‘error’, error));

Hey @gokulyc,

Please try setting the Content-Type header to application/json as this endpoint only supports a JSON payload and response.

Thanks,
Max

I used Content-Type as application/json as you can see in previous post (request fetch)

Hey @gokulyc,

Thank you for the update and my mistake for missing that header was set. That being said, you’ll also want to make sure that you’re sending a JSON payload with that request. Looking at the code provided, it looks like the type of content you’re sending is multipart/form-data. Instead, you’ll want to send a JSON object. Please see our documentation for an example:

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.