Create meeting on app's behalf for account-level app

Hi,

we have an oauth2 account-level app that’s capable of creating meetings on user’s behalf. What we’d like to know is whether we can create meeting on the “app” behalf instead, as the meeting might not have a real host. Is it possible? Appreciate any light shed on it.

THanks,

Eric

From what I have seen as long as the App has the correct permissions for the account used to create the meeting, the App can make anyone the host by assigning them the role.

In my embedded app I use completely different users as host from the user that actually created the meeting.

@AaronH Thanks for chiming-in. Yeah we can create the meeting under an arbitrary user as the host, but that’s not our desire behavior. The meeting technically doesn’t have a host. We actually want the bot/app to be the host. That’s where we don’t find much information about.

There isn’t a concept of a host-less meeting as far as I know, which is understandable for accountability and licensing. You could assign the user that owns the app as the host, since the app needs its owner to maintain the same permissions that its scopes use.