Create Meeting with Meeting web SDK and get a RTMP stream of each meeting

I have requirement of organising meeting in my web app. where there are 10 users (as of now) who can schedule a group meeting with each other. i am using Meeting SDK as i want zoom embedded in my web UI. I’m hitting a few snags due to the new version and lack of updated resources online.

1. If I enable custom live streaming in the Zoom account settings, how does Zoom know which meeting should stream to which URL?
  2. How can I provide the live streaming URL through the Meeting SDK for each meeting so I don’t miss any broadcasts?
  3. Do I need a Pro account for this setup? And when it comes to licensing, do participants count as users, or is it just the host?

To enable custom live streaming in Zoom through the Meeting SDK:

1. In the Zoom account settings, enable custom live streaming.
  2. When scheduling a meeting through the Meeting SDK, specify the live streaming URL for each meeting.
  3. The Zoom platform will use this URL to stream the meeting to the designated location.
  4. Licensing requirements: A Pro account may be necessary for certain features. When it comes to licensing, participants typically do not count as users; licensing is primarily based on the host’s account.

Thanks for the reply, @speedlygrow.

I have a few follow-up questions:

1. Can you share any function or command in the Zoom Meeting SDK that we need to call to provide the live stream URL and key?
  2. Do we need to call the API/function/command to provide the live stream URL after creating the meeting? If so, wouldn’t this cause us to potentially miss some of the stream in between?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.