Create Webinar using existing template_id

Using this template helps us debug your issues more effectively :slight_smile:

Description
I am trying to use an existing template to create a webinar. I tried all sorts of different ways as suggested in this topic (Create webinar through API using webinar template), but nothing seems to work. The webinar is created…but settings from the template do not apply. I have used the userId and not the email in the endpoint and I provide the template_id

Error
No error. template settings are not applied

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Which Endpoint/s?
{{APIBase}}/users/dGFF1mSJNotMyRealID/webinars

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
Post to the above endpoint with a valid user id in the URL. Using this payload in the body.

{
“topic”: “Created from a template”,
“type”: “1”,
“template_id”: “U5wQwesyFQrCNotMyRealTemplateID”
}

Screenshots (If applicable)

Additional context
I know I can do this in my UI, but I would prefer to have a similar flow like I do for creating meetings. One would expect these calls (create meeting vs create webinar) to be almost the same. Thanks for your help!

Hi @ezzman,

Thanks for reaching out about this—do you know which fields in particular aren’t being applied correctly?

Additionally, can you make sure you’re passing the template_id field in the request body?

Let me know if that makes a difference!
Will

EDIT Note: this post was edited to reflect that template_id should be passed in the request body, rather than the request URL.

Hi Will.

I did try using both the template_id in the querystring as well as the payload. I also tried adding both of those parameters in the same request.

What find out is the audio settings (Telephone, Computer, Both) and the Webinar options do not seem to copy over from the template to the newly created webinar. for instance, the the template I have the “automatically record” option set. When create the webinar, that option is unchecked in the actual webinar.

Thanks again!

Hi @ezzman,

Thank you for confirming this—can I kindly ask if it’s possible to share the full request details including user ID, as well as the API response you receive, with me at developersupport@zoom.us? I will take a closer look at your account and the specific request and try to reproduce this from my end.

Please reference this thread in your email.

Thank you!
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.