DELETE Works, but w/500 Status Code

On Mon, 16 Sep 2019 15:40:10 GMT, I issued a DELETE request to "https://api.zoom.us/v2/meetings/414861164?" and got a 500 response without a body. However, the meeting was indeed deleted.

If I try a DELETE on a nonexistent meeting, I get a proper 404.

Just wondering why the 500 response.

Hey @ron.straight,

The 500 does seem odd. I tried to reproduce the error and I could not.

Are you including any query parameters?

Thanks,
Tommy

No query parameters.

I didn’t notice the 500 response from DELETE requests until around the time I toggled the app intent to publish and got my developer credentials.

Hey @ron.straight, is the 500 error still happening? Or did it just happen that once ^

@tommy Yes, it’s still happening consistently. Just tried it a minute ago.

Thanks @ron.straight,

Can you give me exact steps to reproduce?

1. What app type? (Account/User Level OAuth or JWT)
  2. What type of meeting? (Recurring, scheduled, instant)
  3. When are you deleting it? (Before, During, or After meeting has started)

Thanks,
Tommy

1. OAuth app type.
  2. Scheduled meeting type.
  3. Deletion before meeting has started.

Thank you @ron.straight.

This may be due to your account being a Basic account.

To use the Zoom APIs you need at least a Pro account. Or you can request a Free Trail account to use/test the Zoom APIs.

Let me know how you want to move forward.

Thanks,
Tommy

You mention a trial account, but I assume that’s only for testing, right? If we actually want to create an app that other users can use, it has to be owned by at least a Pro account?

A free trail account can create and publish apps to the Marketplace for as long as the free trail period.

If you want your App to work long term yes, I would suggest upgrading to the Pro Account.

Does that make sense?

Thanks,
Tommy

I wouldn’t say it makes sense, but I understand what you’re saying.

It will at least be easier to test OAuth with users under our account.

Thanks!

@ron.straight, you can reach out to isv@zoom.us to request a free trail account to test / develop your application.

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy Still getting that 500 when performing a DELETE on a meeting after upgrading to a Pro account. The deletion happens, but the response indicates otherwise.

Thanks @ron.straight,

This does seem like a bug. Can you give me a few of your meeting ID’s where you saw the 500 error so I can look at the logs?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey, @tommy.

I just deleted 226213781 and 370927595 a few minutes ago.

1 Like

Thanks @ron.straight!

We will look at the logs and see what’s going on.

Will post back here with updates. ZOOM-110814

Thanks,
Tommy

Update, this may be related to moving a Personal Zoom Account to a Sub Account under a Master Account.

See:

We are looking into this edge case and will fix.

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy, after recreating the app, I’m still getting 500 on DELETE. Same behavior as before. The meeting is deleted, but the response has a status 500.

Just deleted 931674664 and 964129786.

Thanks for the update @ron.straight

Can you send me a screenshot of your App’s request logs in the Zoom App Marketplace Dashboard after you get the 500 error?

https://marketplace.zoom.us/user/logs

Thanks,
Tommy

I didn’t know about that page. Very useful!

As you can see, it says it returned a 204. That makes me wonder if maybe the error is from our proxy. I don’t even see the DELETE calls in our logs, and checking the code shows we may not be handling an empty response body correctly.

I’ll let you know if I find anything contrary, but for now I think we can assume this is on our end.

Sorry for wasting your time. I’ll know to check the API logs next time before I go crying wolf.

1 Like