Zoom client url doesn't start meeting

I’m using the iOS/Android client URL form:

zoomus://zoom.us/start?confno=123456789&pwd=xxxx

The Zoom app does open, but it doesn’t open the meetings. However, if I in the URL change start to join then it finds the meeting, but is then waiting for the host (me) to start the meeting. If I start the same meeting from the desktop (same Zoom account) then I’m admitted to the meeting in the mobile Zoom app.

So it seems that join works:
zoomus://zoom.us/join?confno=123456789&pwd=xxxx

while start doesn’t work:
zoomus://zoom.us/start?confno=123456789&pwd=xxxx

I used the same conference number and password in both URLs.

Do I need to provide additional arguments in the start link?

Hey @hans

Thanks for posting on the Zoom Devforum! I am still learning, but I will try my best to help answer your question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Checkout this related thread that may have the answer you are looking for:

If this thread did not help, please let us know by replying back here and someone from the Developer Relations team will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
DeveloperBot

That doesn’t seem related to my problem, that issue is about start and join URLs, which are used in a browser, but not in an iOS app.

Hi @hans,

Thank you for reaching out about this.

It looks like you’re working with client url schemes, which I should note that we aren’t supporting for the time being. (External support for direct client URLs has been removed, which means we don’t provide an out-of-the-box method for directly starting a meeting via URL and bypassing the browser).

We hope to support this kind of direct click to open functionality again in the near future, but we recommend using the start_url and join_url provided by our APIs for the time being.

I hope this helps to clarify, but let me know if you still have questions.

Thanks,
Will

Hi Will,

Thanks for letting me know. Can you tell me why the client url schemes are not supported?

Thanks,

Hans

Hi @hans,

We’re working on improving the flow for directing users directly to the Zoom client and are encouraging developers to pass any participant data to meetings via registration for the time being. As we re-evaluate the best way to support Client URL Schemes going forward, we’ve stopped officially supporting them in the interim so that we can be sure to provide the best experience possible.

Thanks,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.