Disable Audio Output (speaker)

Is there is a way to enable/disable audio output (speaker) in Web Meeting SDK ? I can see option to change audio output device, but not totally disable audio output.

Hi, @saravana,

Thank you for posting in the Developer Forum. This question has been answered already, I’ve linked the post below for your review and reference:

Additionally, you can find a list of all of the methods the Web SDK support below reference:

https://marketplacefront.zoom.us/sdk/meeting/web/ZoomMtg.html#showJoinAudioFunction

I hope this helps.

Best,
Donte

Hi @donte.zoom

The post you have mentioned is for Audio input(Microphone). I am looking to disable Audio output (Speaker). Can you please advise ?

Hi, @saravana,

Thanks for the feedback. Currently, we do not have any mechanism to disable Audio output (speaker) other than disabling join Audio. Could you tell me more about why this feature is important to you? What is the problem that it is causing around your usage of our product? What benefits would you see from having this built?

I am looking forward to hearing back from you – thanks in advance!

Best,
Donte

Thanks @donte.zoom for clarification.

The application that I am working is a sort of meeting assistant sends custom video and audio streams as a participant using Meeting SDK. But it is not a chatbot. The application won’t join automatically and it will be initiated by the user in a browser window. The user will join the meeting as a regular participant/host in Zoom client. The audio output from the browser window is feeding into the user’s Zoom client microphone. This causes feedback noise echo in to the meeting. If we can disable the audio output from the meeting SDK, then we can avoid this issue. We don’t mind disabling the video from the meeting. Even a temporary workaround should be ok for us.

Thank you for sharing your use case. To my knowledge, this functionality is not supported at the moment. Though it has been brought up before and is on the road map, no date is set. You can follow our release log here for updates. I’ll be sure to ask internally to see there is are any alternative options you can consider. To help level set, can you share if you have tried any solutions on your own?

To that end, if you would like to add your user to this feature request to be considered for a future release, I recommend posting in the #feature-requests category.

Thanks again for writing us,
Donte

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.