Disable/Enable video receiving not working in Zoom Web SDK 1.8.0

Description
When the host or participant clicks on “Disable video receiving” the video reception is stuck and the option does not change to “Enable video receiving” in Web SDK 1.8.0. This feature was working fine in 1.7.10.

Which version?
Web SDK 1.8.0

To Reproduce
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. At least two users should have joined the session
  2. Let user 1 enable their video
  3. Now as user 2 click on the Disable video receiving. You should see that the video of the other person is stuck and the option does not change to Enable video receiving.

Screenshots

Device information:

• Device: MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015)
  • Version: 10.15.5
  • Browser: Chrome 84.0.4147.135

Additional context
Once the user clicks on the Disable video receiving option there is no way to enable the video again. We have to refresh the application to enable it.

1 Like

Hey @harish.venkataraman,

Are there any errors in the browser console?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy thanks for replying. No there is no console error.

Thanks for the confirmation on that. I’ve gone ahead and brought this to our Engineering team’s attention and I’ll let you know what they find. (CS-2270)

Thanks!
Will

1 Like

Hello :wave:t2:
I’m able to hide all menu buttons with the sdk zoom, but the button “Disable video receiving” does not disappear at all!
Could you tell me what I can do?

Hey @thiago.fiorenza,

If the button you want to hide is not listed in our reference, feel free to hide it with CSS or JavaScript. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

This issue will be fixed in Web SDK version 1.8.1. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Thanks, @tommy for the confirmation.

1 Like

Happy to help! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.