Disable Pop-up Dialog "Unmute Myself" When Spotlighting

If you don’t allow people unmute themselves (selected through the security icon) they won’t get asked to unmute.

Right! It happens to me as well, It is really annoying and I don’t know how get rid of that message

We actually WANT people to be able to unmute themselves. So the solution @dem107 mentioned while appropriate for some instances is not good for the large Kareoke parties where we want to allow a certain level of interaction.

So please, please implement. I have resorted to not spotlighting certain people because they stop dancing and want to click the button. No matter how many times we tell them not to !

+1 on this request please! I also host a dance party and it’s super distracting. Thanks!

+1 i am waiting for a long time for this come along. Very important to have an option so it can be disabled.
Thank you!

for young kids home schooling it is very distracting. They learn how to mute and unmute but the popups interrupt their being able to do that. Making the class flow very disrupted.

Please add this feature. I can not focus on my classes because of it. It is so distracting. Give us an option or method on how to disable it. Thanks.

We have a similar issue. We play music via musescore for people to play along, the notes appear on the screen and a blue line appears approximated where you are playing. As soon as it detects your playing then up pops the message to unmute, right in the middle of the music you are trying to play. We do really would like a way of getting rid of it. We know we are muted we just did it, if not then the music does not sync. and it sounds terrible. We are kidding ourselves we are playing together, but we still enjoy doing it. Actually I think making a clapping noise might be the answer, to get rid of it asap. But would really like the option to get rid of the message.

+1 yes please this is really frustrating when spotlighting

We have found a solution to our problem. It is detecting when there is a noise. So as soon as we mute, we make a noise, so we get the message over before it becomes a problem.

+1 to this feature! I host trivia nights and this pop up is so annoying when we are just trying to visually feature someone - not needing their audio.

Agree this pop-up unmute dialog is extremely annoying. We use spotlighting for highlighting dancers in a dance party, and have to tell people to ignore it, but it pops up in the middle of everything.

I do not know why there was a simply option to have that not popup… its pretty lazy in my mind that this was not a feature to begin with. Either way +1 and please add this.

I support this as well +1

This is definitely needed! Kids taking dance classes find it very distracting to have a pop up appear over themselves and can’t go to their computer to dismiss it easily as they are dancing at a distance from the computer. Please make it possible to disable this feature, or get rid of it entirely. If someone is spotlighted and they need to speak, they will figure out if they are muted pretty quickly and fix that.

Yes, pleeease :slight_smile:
We conduct our meetings in sign language only. So no one activates their microphone. Ever.
It would be super helpful for switching participants spotlights if they did not have to tap that message away before being able to contribute to the meeting.
For some participants this message has actually gone away since the „Trust this host and allow to unmute me“ question has been introduced. But this does not work for all participants or not on all platforms? It certainly does not work for Co-Hosts when they are spotlighted. I always get that message even though the host in my trusted list.

This is my number one request for Zoom - please give us an option to stop the popup for “Unmute myself” because it is ruining our zoom dance parties!

same same - we are a music group that sings live on zoom video and alternat audio - and when spotlighted the announcement to unmute self is very disturbing. Also when we stream the video via OBS and combine with hi-res audio, the UNMUTE dialog box is visible if the host computer is spotlighted.

thanks,
mark

We absolutely need this!!! I teach Zumba using Zoom and love spotlighting students doing cute and cool stuff. I don’t want them to unmute, I want them to keep dancing!

Agreed, being able to disable this popup is NEEDED, it ruins my streams :frowning: