Disable Pop-up Dialog "Unmute Myself" When Spotlighting

Has this been addressed? I had a stream buggered by a “You are muted” notification just this morning.
Thank you for making it a priority.

I could use this feature as well, it looks like this was requested almost a whole year ago and there is no response from Zoom since May 2020. Can we get an update please?

We use Zoom for choir rehearsals, and our singers have to mute when singing because of the audio delay. We also share our screen to show music, and when this Unmute warning appears it covers up the music. It would be very helpful to be able to disable this warning, thank you for considering!

We have the same exact issue as @tomeknawrat. I would like to upvote this feature request. Our organization’s scenario is very similar to the one mentioned by Tomasz. Our meetings are sign language centric and therefore we have very little if any need at all for audio. We also have very active audience participation as well as role playing between participants at times which require a moderator to frequently switch the spotlight.

1 Like

How many years will it take? Can I please +∞ on this?

Wow - this was requested nearly a year ago. It’s annoying as hell. I attend Zoom dance parties five nights per week and that pop-up is super annoying. Sometimes people who don’t know any better blindly click on the prompt to unmute themselves, making the host have to mute them again. Super annoying. They can’t turn off unmuting entirely as some of the DJs feed their sound through the mic input. We really need that popup to die. Pretty please, before an entire year has passed…

1 Like

This is pretty easy to sort guys. If you are hosting a meeting with multiple participants who are dancing or running or doing something which you want to spotlight, make sure you deselect the option to allow users to unmute themselves. Then the annoying box will not appear.

2 Likes

+1 this is still needed.

1 Like

This is SO needed, we run a weekly zoom dance party, it’s been featured on national television in the UK, and the pop up ‘unmute yourself’ is SO annoying!
We are considering ditching Zoom for Discord

1 Like

We have the exact same issue, we use this in our school and i need some participants to be able to unmute and others to not be able to unmute. That is why revocing the privilege will not work for us. I give this a +1000…

1 Like

ITS BEEN A YEAR AND WE STILL NEED THIS OPTION!!!
ZOOM, PLEASE RESPOND TO YOUR USERS!!!
Please add the ability to disable that pop-up window.

1 Like

Hi guys, just FYI, what @stephen.cousins suggests actually works :slight_smile: we tried that workaround back in April 2020 and it didn´t work for us that way, but now it does.
Next time you host Zoom conference, be sure to uncheck Allow participants to unmute themselves.
It works either the participant has joined the audio or hasn´t. The pop-up dialog won´t appear when you spotlight them.
Have a nice day!

1 Like

No work-arounds are working here. We use phones for cameras ONLY and have a separate laptop handling the audio, so we never need the phones to unmute their audio, and this is annoying.

+1 for this as well. It would be best not to have to use the workaround listed above, as some of our zoom operators may mistakenly check that box (seems reasonable to do so, and not clear that it would affect the problematic dialogue box)

I host dance Haflas on Zoom and am also getting complaints about the automatic pop-up to unmute on Zoom when we are all using the Share Sound feature for our music. Please add a way to disable this pop-up for a meeting.

I would like to ask if this feature has been made available. It would be very helpful.

Hello, another drop in the bucket here, it’s now almost two years since this request was made - did this ever make it into your roadmap? We need this for broadcasting in a house of worship. Guessing many others would benefit as well. Thanks.

I’d like to ask for this feature aswell, it seems like something easy to implement and even if the popup is helpful for a new or non power user on Zoom - I feel that constant reminders of being muted is annoying. One don’t show this again or a profile setting would be awesome to have.

Hi @tomeknawrat, thanks for your post and for using Zoom!

I’ll add this as a Feature Request and will work with our product team to get this into our roadmap.

Please do also provide any feedback or feature requests at https://zoom.us/feed

@michael.zoom I am using the window XP 7. can we run the old version of zoom?

Thanks to tomeknawrat we have address an important issue concerning a certain community “(deaf)” that have no need for this continued feature especially on android devices. Please zoom could we have some support for these persons, which will also alleviate the problem for many many others who use zoom. Im sure more advance features such as the AI in zoom has its place but, a basic need would be greatly appreciated if it gets resolved. Thank you