JWT deprecation Server to Server Oauth or Meeting SDK?

I Need to update zoom sample web app for JWT deprecation
I was using the sample app where APIkey and APIsecret was put in the index.js
I have then modify the index.js in order to pass then signature made at server side.
Now I’m trying the new zoom sample and it works if i leave the CLIENT_ID and CLIENT_SECRET in the file but I would like to make signature server side like before. Does the signature creation is different from before ?
I do not understand what i need to migrate. Create a Server to Server Auth ? I have done it and I manage to get the token server side but what to do with this token ?
I’m confused. Do I really need Server to Server Auth App ? or I need Meeteing SDK app ?

@robitsrl , let me try to answer some of your questions here

I Need to update zoom sample web app for JWT deprecation

I’m guessing you are previously using Zoom Sample Web App with JWT App Type
You will probably need to create a Meeting SDK App.

I was using the sample app where APIkey and APIsecret was put in the index.js

Could you share which zoom sample web app you have download? There are quite a number of them on github

I have then modify the index.js in order to pass then signature made at server side.

Now I’m trying the new zoom sample and it works if i leave the CLIENT_ID and CLIENT_SECRET in the file but I would like to make signature server side like before. Does the signature creation is different from before ?

First you need to host this auth endpoint sample on a server.

Second, it would help if you share with me which zoom web sample you are using.

I do not understand what i need to migrate. Create a Server to Server Auth ? I have done it and I manage to get the token server side but what to do with this token ?

JWT App Type was used to 2 purpose

• Web SDK Authentication
  • Accessing REST API ← if you are using JWT App Type to access REST API, you will need to migrate this to Server to Server OAuth

I’m confused. Do I really need Server to Server Auth App ? or I need Meeteing SDK app ?

• Web SDK Authentication ← if you are using JWT App type only for Web SDK Authentication previously, you just need to create a Meeting SDK App Type
  • Accessing REST API

Hi,
thanks a lot for the clarifications…
I managed to set up the node.js authentication but when i try to join the meeting I’m not getting the signature problem anymore but I’m getting a Black screen in the meeting.html
What it could be ?

Thank’s for all I manage to fix it
After I was getting wrong meeting number !
Not sure where the problem was but after i replaced the node.js signature with my one create in asp.net everything works as expected.
Now I can start playing with api and oauth server to server token in order to create meeting from code
Thank’s a lot
Bye

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.