Downloading phone recording transcription using the Zoom Phone API

API Endpoint(s) and/or Zoom API Event(s)

Description
We are doing feasibility on our new system development internally.
We’re currently in the PoC phase, testing whether we can meet the client’s needs with Zoom Phone functions.

• What is the response data is it in json object? it was not stated in the documentation.
  • Each speaker can be determined in the transcription?

Thanks

Hi @albert_dapiton
Thanks for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum and welcome to our community!
Allow me some time to do some testing with this endpoint and I will come back to you with more details.
Cheers,
Elisa

Having an issue with the /phone/recording_transcript/download/{recordingId} endpoint,

It just says

{
“code”: 12000,
“message”: “Unable to transcribe this recording.”
}

However we can download the recording itself no issue,

Hi @js2107
could you please share more information about the issue you are facing? so I can troubleshoot this on my end?

Hi @elisa.zoom ,
Is there any information you can share on the test that you mention?

Hi, we are having this same issue. The Transcript exists within the Zoom web portal but the API call (for every Call ID) keeps giving the message

{
“code”: 12000,
“message”: “Unable to transcribe this recording.”
}

The transcription already exists and we cant find any information on this error message so not sure how to diagnose the issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi @SMB
Thanks for reaching out to us.
Can you please share with me what endpoint you are calling when getting said error?

Hi Elisa, we have now solved this - we were using the incorrect ID. Thank you for following up

1 Like