Dynamic member for limited licenses

Hi,
Our web app has 50 users.
Currently, we are signed to the enterprise account and own 10 licenses.

What is the best approach if I want to create appointments and use my 10 licenses for the 50 users?

• There won’t be more than 10 appointments won’t be at the same time.
  1. Should i update the licensed user email every time?
  2. Removing and creating a license every time is not possible as it might effect an on going conversation.

Looking forward for some advices,
Oded

Hey @odedi80,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. One option is to have a user that creates meetings. You can then add the actual user as a host within settings.alternative_hosts via the Create a Meeting API.

In this fashion, one of your 10 users would be the host of the meeting, and the user you add would be a co-host.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

Thanks Max,
setting an alternative host requires adding this host to the account, no?
If not, why should i buy 10 licenses if i can just buy only one licence, create a meeting with it, and set alternative hosts without the need to assign them into my account?

hope my question was clear,
Oded

Hey @odedi80,

Thank you for the update. That’s correct, in order to assign a co-host, they would need to be licensed and on your account. I think I misunderstood your use-case initially. Just to confirm, you have 50 users that you need to host up to 10 simultaneous meetings, is that correct?

I think we cover this use-case in a previous forum post, let me know if the following information is helpful:

Thanks,
Max

no, i know i can create and remove users with the API.

lets say I have 10 meetings with 10 members for the following week, each one on a different day and hour.

I need to create the 11th meeting now.
but i have only 10 licenses.
What do I do?

Hey @odedi80,

Thank you for providing more information. If you don’t want to move licenses between users as that may conflict with ongoing meetings, your best option is to schedule the 11th meeting as a licensed user and enable “Join Before Host” for the meeting.

In this fashion, users will be able to join the 11th meeting and you won’t need a licensed host for the meeting. That being said, the meeting won’t have a host unless the user that created the meeting joins. If the meeting duration is under 40 minutes, you can also use a Basic user for this.

I hope that helps!

Thanks,
Max

Thanks Max,
Every appointment, even if you check the “Join before host” option, is related to a licenced user.
as I understood, you are limited to max 2 appointment that conflict at the same time to that user.

Will i have to update/create/delete users from my account all the time or is there a smarted way to solve the issue?

thanks

Hey @odedi80,

Thank you for your question. You won’t need a licensed user to enable the join before host option:

You are correct in that a user can only have two simultaneous meetings. It might work best for your use-case to update users with the API in order to move their licenses.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.