When I am creating any meeting and the user is not assigned to the zoom licence account, the meeting is not happening until and unless we add the user as host

Hi,
Our web app has 100 users.
Currently, we are signed to the enterprise account and own 10 licenses.

When I am creating any meeting and the user is not assigned to the zoom licence account, the meeting is not happening until and unless we add the user as host?
How to assign the licenses dynamically to all the users of our platform?
Do we need to write a code 10 times for the meeting sdk to assign the licenses to different users of platform?

Please help us with relevant links and code.

Technology in which we are developing is backend.

Thanks

@ayushi.singh

When I am creating any meeting and the user is not assigned to the zoom licence account, the meeting is not happening until and unless we add the user as host? ← basic users will have the time limit of 40 mins (as of time of this post). They do not need host license to start a meeting.

You should not need to re-assign license for these basic users to start a meeting.

How are you scheduling these meeting for the basic users?

@chunsiong.zoom

We are scheduling these meetings using meeting sdk.

I am asking about reassigning the license to the host. Suppose there are 10 licensed host, and 50 users on my platform and 10 meetings need to schedules with 10 different users how I will be going to allocate different participants or different meeting with 10 different licensed host?

@ayushi.singh , I’m not sure if i understand your question.

Here’s an overview nonetheless.

• Any users (basic / licensed) can schedule a meeting, you do not need to be licensed to schedule a meeting
  • Scheduling of meeting is done via Zoom REST API
  • Meetings scheduled by basic users have a time limit of 40 mins per meeting
  • Meetings scheduled by licensed users don’t have a time limit.
  • You do not need a license to schedule a meeting.
  • You do not need a license to start a meeting.
  • You do not need a license to join a meeting.

How to use multiple license for creating a meeting using the nodejs?

@ayushi.singh ,

Sorry i don’t understand what you are trying to ask here.

You do not need a license to create a meeting.
For nodejs, you will need to check how to do a POST to a REST API to this meeting endpoint Zoom REST API

Hi @chunsiong.zoom ,

we have a multi-user license and i want to use it for creating meetings. can you help me out how we can use licensed users for assigning to participate?

@ayushi.singh

When I am creating any meeting and the user is not assigned to the zoom licence account, the meeting is not happening until and unless we add the user as host?

The meeting can happen even if the user is not assigned a license.
Meetings are associated with a user account. Naturally the user would also be the host of the meeting.

How to assign the licenses dynamically to all the users of our platform?

If you only have 10 license, you can only assigned to 10 users at any given time. You cannot license all 50 or 100 users on your platform with just 10 license at a given point in time.

You can assign license to users using the update user API

Do we need to write a code 10 times for the meeting sdk to assign the licenses to different users of platform?

You need to use Zoom REST API and not the Meeting SDK app type for this. To generate the credentials for Zoom REST API, you will first need to create either a Server to Server Oauth app type or OAuth app type marketplace.zoom.us.

Use the Zoom REST API to assign license to specific users. You will need to call update user api 10 times to assign license to a user.
Going into slight more details on update user API, you will need to change the type from 1 to 2.

I am asking about reassigning the license to the host. Suppose there are 10 licensed host, and 50 users on my platform and 10 meetings need to schedules with 10 different users how I will be going to allocate different participants or different meeting with 10 different licensed host?

First, you do not need license to schedule meetings.

Generally we do not recommend this, as there might be throttling associated with reassigning of license. To re-assign license programatically, use the update user API to free up your licenses for the specific user. Then use the update user API to reassign license to another user.

At any given time, you can only have 10 licensed user. Once you have 10 licensed user account, you will also need to free up the license before you can reassign them to another user.

Again I do not recommend reassignment of license unnecessarily as there might be throttling associated with reassigning of licenses.

we have a multi-user license and i want to use it for creating meetings. can you help me out how we can use licensed users for assigning to participate?

You do not need licensed user to create a meeting. Meetings are linked to a user. To create a meeting use this create meeting API . It will create a meeting in the specific user’s account.

We have a question regarding how licences are allocated when using the API to create meetings. We’ve got a number of user licences, but want to start creating meetings through the API. How does the API know how many and which licences are being used? For example, if we have 10 users, and everyone can create two concurrent meetings, how does Zoom handle this given that the API will specific to one of those users? We need clarity on how we set this up, please.

We have 10 Zoom Licenses and we want to create meetings via API for each license. But when we are creating meetings via API using Meeting SDK, It’s using only one main license only and we are unable to use other licenses for meetings creations via APIs. Our 9 other licenses are not in use. please suggest how to create it.

@chunsiong.zoom can you please respond?

thanks for tagging me @ayushi.singh .

I’ll be brief in my responses, as there are a lot of repeated questions. Please let me know if you need me to elaborate on any of these answers.

We have a question regarding how licences are allocated when using the API to create meetings.

You do not need license to create meetings. You do not need license to use the API.
License are associated with users, and not meetings. Licenses are not allocated when you use API to create meeting.

To create a meeting with licensed benefits, here are the high level steps

• assign a user a license using Update User
  • use the API Create Meeting to create a meeting under the above user’s account

All meetings created under this licensed user will have licensed benefits.

We’ve got a number of user licences, but want to start creating meetings through the API. How does the API know how many and which licences are being used? For example, if we have 10 users, and everyone can create two concurrent meetings, how does Zoom handle this given that the API will specific to one of those users? We need clarity on how we set this up, please.

The API for create meeting does not check for licensed users.

For concurrent meeting, lets say for user A. User A is assigned a licensed using the API update user. Then the API for create meeting schedules 2 meeting.

• First meeting is 10am to 11am
  • Second meeting is 11am to 12noon.

In the even where first meeting overruns to 11:30am, the second meeting can still start (concurrent meeting).

We have 10 Zoom Licenses and we want to create meetings via API for each license. But when we are creating meetings via API using Meeting SDK.

Meeting SDK does not have the capability to create meeting. You will need to use the API Create Meeting to do so.

I’m guessing you might have been using Meeting SDK to join a meeting. If this is the case, you might be using the wrong approach.

It’s using only one main license only and we are unable to use other licenses for meetings creations via APIs. Our 9 other licenses are not in use. please suggest how to create it.

You will need to assign license to the other 9 users using the API Update user.
Remember you need to use API Create Meeting to create meetings under individual users account.

To call the REST APIs (update users and create meeting), you will need to create a Server-to-server oauth or Oauth app type in marketplace.zoom.us . This will provide you with the credentials to generate an access token and bearer token, which is eventually used to call the REST APIs

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.