Empty QOS data points

Description
Hi guys, We make these calls to get meeting qos data - /metrics/meetings/{meetingId}/participants/qos

I am noticing the higher volume of data points missing data such as jitter, latency, bitrate and so on. These are not calls that are done at beginning of meeting, we make calls throughout meeting as it progresses. Example of missing data below

"user_qos": [
                {
                    "date_time": "2021-09-22T19:16:00Z",
                    "audio_input": {
                        "bitrate": "",
                        "latency": "",
                        "jitter": "",
                        "avg_loss": "",
                        "max_loss": ""
                    },
                    "audio_output": {
                        "max_loss": ""
                    },
                    "video_input": {
                        "max_loss": "",
                        "resolution": "",
                        "frame_rate": ""
                    },
                    "video_output": {
                    },
                    "as_input": {
                    },
                    "as_output": {
                    },
                    "cpu_usage":{}
                }

I had found the similar thread - , but I am not sure how it was resolved.

@will.zoom Could you please chime in? I can provide further data if needs to be.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth App

Which Endpoint/s?
/metrics/meetings/{meetingId}/participants/qos

Hey @vaibhavsaher,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. Please send an email to developersupport@zoom.us with a link to this thread and your Account ID. I’ll enable the QoS Monitoring feature from there.

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM What do you mean by Account ID? Also can you please elaborate - I’ll enable the QoS Monitoring feature from there.

Is there any API that I can use to get QoS monitoring enabled for our customers? or this is just for debugging purposes. I want to better understand this.

Thank you.
VB

Hey @vaibhavsaher,

By account ID, I meant the account identifier when calling the API. That or an account number would be helpful.

This is an account setting that needs to be enabled by support which means we don’t have an API for it, unfortunately. You would want to submit a ticket for each account that needed this enabled. The quickest way to get a response is to reach out to our Technical Support Team

I hope that helps!

Thanks,
Max

Thank you for the information @MaxM .

I think I was not clear, This is a business or enterprise plan users who will be using our app and in that context will will be making these QoS calls. I believe for such customers this should be enabled by default. My original question was in this context and not all data point come in empty, We were seeing a higher volume of data points empty and copy-pasted one such example that is what I wanted to understand better as to why its empty.

Two things

1. Am I right to assume that for business and enterprise customers QoS is enabled and does not require additional steps?
  2. Could the higher set of empty data points due to fact that we are using development account to test?

Thank you,
Vaibhav

Hey @vaibhavsaher,

Thanks for clarifying, I have a good understanding of what you’re after now. Yes, for business plans or higher, this should be enabled by default. I would expect even on a development account, with a business plan would have that data populated.

One thing to note is that the QoS data is updated every minute of the meeting. It’s possible that at the beginning of a meeting there isn’t any audio data or later on in the meeting, there isn’t any CPU usage QoS data.

If you’re polling the meeting and consistently seeing those fields blank I’ll need to investigate the specific instance further to see why that is.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.