Enrollment Status of Approved Participant changing to Pending

We enroll and approve participants via API. These participants join the meeting via the join url received from zoom API.

In some instances we noticed that the approved status of participant got changed to pending. Same status is reflected in the Meeting Registration Report as well. As a result, these participants were unable to join the meeeting.

We are using JWT Authorization.

We are calling the following APIs

Register participant - POST /meetings/{meetingId}/registrants
Approve Participant - PUT /meetings/{meetingId}/registrants/status
Get the Join URL - GET /meetings/{meetingId}/registrants

What might be causing this. Is it because of a user action? How can we we investigate such issues.

Hey @balaji,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. First, I would confirm that when calling the Update a Webinar Registrant Status API you are receiving a 200 response with a success message.

It’s also possible that the user has canceled their registration. I would test if using the Cancel link from the registration email shows the same behavior that you’re seeing.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

Hi Max,

Yes, we are receiving a 200 upon approval and the participant Join URL as well.

We do not send email notifications to participants upon registration. Following are the details of one such a case.

Meeting ID: 97637448747
Participant Email - shrutixxxxxxxxx147@gmail.com (masked email)

Please see if the above details help identify this issue.

Thanks
Balaji

Hey @balaji,

Thank you for providing additional information. Please send an email to developersupport@zoom.us with a link to this thread and the full email of that user. I’ll see if our engineering team is able to provide any insight into the issue.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.