Error 'user does not exist' for existing users

Description
When trying to register users for a meeting on some users I get the 1001 response ‘User does not exist’. I checked with about 10 users, ALL of them have zoom accounts for the email specified.

Error
{'code': 1001, 'message': 'User does not exist: ***@gmail.com.'}

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Which Endpoint/s?
/v2/meetings/ID/registrants

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Make request to the endpoint with one of the affected users.

Guys, this is very urgent. I’m managing hunderds of conferences with the API, and I really need it to work.

Hi @mb1,

How are you authenticating your requests? Are you using JWT or OAuth?

If you’re authenticating with JWT, can you ensure that the credentials associated with your JWT app belong to the user who created the meeting? If you can also please share the meeting ID, I’ll be happy to take a closer look.

Thanks!
Will

Yes, I’m 100% sure that the credentials belong to the right user.

Meeting ID: 83288259414

Hey @mb1,

Thank you for providing additional information. It looks like the Meeting pertaining to the provided ID has since been deleted. Are you able to provide a meeting ID for an existing meeting that is encountering this issue?

Thanks,
Max

Hey @mb1,

I was able to look into this further today and saw that this can happen when meeting authentication is enabled for the user but the user does not have a Zoom account. You can disable authentication for the meeting in the web portal or you can disable it when creating a meeting via the API as shown below:

"settings": {
        "meeting_authentication": false,
    },

I hope that helps!

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.