Even users with admin role cannot approve the Zoom app

Description
We are using the Zoom OAuth app for our service, but some user who have admin role can’t authorize our zoom app. We would like to know the cause. Is there a permission missing for the “Administrator” role?

How To Reproduce
Steps to reproduce the behavior including:

1. admin zoom user installs zoom app(Zoom OAuth App) in our service

@kanata.koyama Hope, you will be fine.

Is that Admin user associated with the same account where that app is created? If yes then please add that Admin user as a collaborator to authorize that app.

You will get that collaborator link from markeptlace.zoom.us → Manage → App have button ‘…’ ← click it.

Thanks

@freelancer.nak
thanks!

Is that Admin user associated with the same account where that app is created? If yes then please add that Admin user as a collaborator to authorize that app.

No, not associated.
However, there may be a difference in perception between you and me, so let me first add a little something.

• We are aware that Zoom users can authorize Zoom OAuth applications published on the Zoom App Marketplace if they have the proper permissions.
  • In fact, users of our service can approve Zoom apps without being added to the collaborator, as you mention, as long as they have administrative privileges on Zoom. (BTW, users of our service and users of Zoom are tied one-to-one.)

I would like to ask a question on that, what is the cause of this event? I thought it might be because the administrator role that the Zoom user has does not have enough privileges, but is that not the case?

@kanata.koyama Your OAuth App is published & live on Zoom Marketplace?

@freelancer.nak
yes, this one
ailead (zoom.us)

Thanks for sharing that. The Admin user where you are facing that issue have permission to install Zoom Marketplace Apps?

@freelancer.nak

permission to install Zoom Marketplace Apps?

I don’t know if this is the right page to look at, but are you referring to this page?
Role Management - Zoom

but actually, I tried with the “Marketplace” permission turned off on my Zoom account and was able to click the “allow” button to approve Zoom app🧐.

How can I know how to check if user’s role has the correct permission?
or which document about assumed permission should I refer to?
this one?

@freelancer.nak
Excuse me, do you have any updates? :pray:

@kanata.koyama Hi, are you able to fix this by enabling marketplace permissions?

@freelancer.nak
thanks!

Hi, are you able to fix this by enabling marketplace permissions?

you mean this one in Role Management page?

Yes. From admin side, admin can control who can install the apps or not.

@freelancer.nak
Actually, in my environment, the Allow button appears whether I have admin Marketplace privileges or not as mentioned here :face_with_monocle:

@kanata.koyama are all of your admin users in the Role for being able to edit the Marketplace? At my place we only allow certain admins. Check the Roles and make sure you have all of the admins added.

Yes. From admin side, admin can control who can install the apps or not.

@freelancer.nak
We asked the user who reported this problem, and he said that the Marketplace permission was already enabled. :thinking:

are all of your admin users in the Role for being able to edit the Marketplace? At my place we only allow certain admins. Check the Roles and make sure you have all of the admins added.

@hgeorge
You mean in order for a particular admin user to be able to install the Zoom App, other admin users must also have Marketplace edit permissions enabled?

Yes, you should check the Roles and make sure you have the appropriate people added with Edit Marketplace enabled. Anyone you don’t want to be able to edit, make sure you either uncheck that box for that role or move them to the appropriate role.

1 Like

@freelancer.nak @hgeorge

We asked the user who reported this problem, and he said that the Marketplace permission was already enabled. :thinking:

as I mentioned here, the admin user’s Marketplace permission was already enabled.
Are there any other possible causes?

@kanata.koyama are you sure all of the admins are added to that Role and that they Edit enabled is enabled? That is the only way for specific people to be able to have full permissions for the Marketplace. Just because you are an admin does not mean you can approve apps, you also need to have these users in this Role with that enabled.

@hgeorge
Sorry to bother you but let me be more specific about our understanding.
As a premise, in this case, we want to allow one Zoom User (“Zoom User1”) to accept the Zoom App.
According to the user’s report, Zoom User1 is added to “Admin Role”, so I am aware that Zoom User1 can accept the Zoom App (regardless of Zoom User2, 3) as long as the “Marketplace Edit permission” is granted to the “Admin Role”, Is this correct?

@kanata.koyama yes as long as Marketplace Edit permission is granted and you check which users are in that Role. We have several admins, but not all of our admins are in the role that allows them to Edit the Marketplace.

1 Like