Events are not firing, or duplicated with wrong order

Description
We’ve integrated the webhooks from Zoom to Google Cloud Functions and Firestore to listen and log these events:

• meeting.started
  • meeting.participant_joined
  • meeting.participant_left
  • meeting.ended

We utilize the same Google Cloud Functions and Firestore on a several meetings, but somehow one meeting is always problematic. meeting.started fires fine, but meeting.participant_joined isn’t, which should be followed soon after. In that situation, if the user leaves, it fires meeting.started in about 30 seconds again.

I’ve checked the log on Cloud Functions side, it returns 200 to all the webhooks that it received, on the other hand on Zoom Webhook Logs, there are a bunch of -7 status code. (Sometimes it’s -1. And the events orders are strange too)

It’d be great if someone look at it and let me know what’s causing it. (and also I couldn’t find what the status code -7 means, I’d like to know.)

Error
N/A

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
Webhook

Which Endpoint/s?

• meeting.participant_joined
  • meeting.participant_left
  • meeting.ended

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
N/A

Screenshots (If applicable)

Additional context
N/A

Hi @leonkim ,

Thank you for sharing this. This is not expected behavior. Can you please share the meeting details (uuid, meetingId) and webhook response bodies to developersupport@zoom.us please?

Gianni

Hi Gianni,

Thanks for reaching out so quickly.
I’ve just sent an email with the details.

Thanks!

Hi @leonkim ,

Just confirming my colleague has forwarded this to me so I’ll be looking more into it!

Gianni

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.