Experiencing 6601 errorCode on Android SDK v6.1.1.22760

Description
We have been experiencing 6601 ZoomVideoConferenceFailedException error code with internal error code - 0. This is happening only on our Android app.
iOS and web SDKs have been working fine.
Experiencing this issue on Android SDK v6.1.1.22760 since Sep 21st early morning Eastern time.
We do notice other suggestions to publish our private Zoom app, but wondering if it is required if the iOS and Web SDKs of the same Zoom app are working fine and this issue is happening only after the day mentioned above.
Could zoom support team or forum members get back:

1. Is Android SDK v6.2.0.24434 mandate to be updated to fix this issue?
  2. Is the publishing of private app essential, considering other platform SDKs working fine?
  3. If publishing of the app is essential, is the migration from JWT token to Server-server OAuth required?
  4. Has anyone else experienced this issue recently on Android?

LogCat error log:

New video conference status: Failed(exception=ZoomVideoConferenceFailedException(errorCode=6601, internalErrorCode=0))
Valid state change: Connecting(meetingData=MeetingData(meetingNumber=NO-ID, vanityId=null)) -> FAILED

Which Android Meeting SDK version?
Android SDK v6.1.1.22760

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Join any event using the above Android SDK

Troubleshooting Routes
Tried using other platform / SDKs to join the event - works fine

Smartphone (please complete the following information):

• Any Android device across Android OS platforms

i am having a similar issue, it also started from 21sep morning. I can not initiate a successful call other than from the internal account used to create the zoom-sdk-app on zoom marketplace. it is happening on both ios and android.
My sdk-app is activated but has an option to update tho.

@naimur @ashwin.ganesh

error 6601 means error trying to join external meeting, you need to publish your marketplace app if you want to join external meeting.

If you don’t publish your marketplace app, you can only join internal meetings.

I totally understand that @chunsiong.zoom
It’s activated and it was working till 21 sep morning. What changed after that? I didn’t get any email from zoom about any deadline or warning related to that.

@naimur activated != published.

Your application needs to go through submission and approval before your SDK can join external meetings.

(post deleted by author)

Hi @chunsiong.zoom ,
Could you let us know on whether the publishing restriction was enforced on Sep 21. This is impacting only our Android SDK, not other platforms.
Also for publishing, is the migration from JWT token to Server-server OAuth essential?
And lastly this issue is irrespective of the Android SDK version?
Thanks,
Ashwin

@ashwin.ganesh this an account level restriction, not specific to just Android SDK.

Sorry I’m unsure when your account was enforced.

JWT App Type has been deprecated for years.

@chunsiong.zoom The iOS and Web SDK are working fine. Would they also be facing same error soon?
Also can we publish the app, but plan on JWT to OAuth migration later or both have to be done same time?

@ashwin.ganesh doing the update will not change the Zoom Initialization process using jwtToken.

@ashwin.ganesh, this error is related to cross-account join policy. Can you confirm you’re using the same SDK credential across iOS and Web?

Your app does not need to be published publicly onto the App Marketplace, but to join Meetings otuside of your account, it must be reviewed and approved as part of our App Review process.

Thanks @michael.zoom . Is JWT token migration to OAuth required for app review?