FEATURE: Set Chat Messages from Hosts and Panelists to Everyone

Continuing the thread from Ability to set chat to ‘All Panelists and Attendees’ by default

The feature of setting chat messages from hosts and panelists to everyone on all SDK’s but mostly the Web Meeting SDK has been requested for years from Zoom with no solution.

I’m seeing more and more breaking changes frequently by Zoom rather than new features.

Here below are other threads describing this same issue.

All we want to by default, set the chat messages from one setting to another by default but instead we are met with deprecations with absolutely no improvements to the Zoom product.

I expect after Zoom makes these sweeping deprecation changes, which is a BIG ASK for lots of business to switch to, on top of the 9 month minimum version changes, that after the November deadline that the product would be MASSIVELY improved but I am not seeing these improvements here, just more regressions.

Kaitlyn

Hi @kaitlynnst
Thanks for reaching out to us and sharing your valuable feedback here.
I will go ahead and move this thread to the Feature Request Category and I will look internally to see if this Feature Request already exists and if not I will follow up with the creation of it for you.
Cheers,
Elisa

Elisa, can you get back to me on this ASAP?

I don’t understand why Zoom has to ask everyone using their product to work to update their apps monthly with no product improvements at all, why is this?

What are the new significant features released in the WebSDK that Zoom wants us to keep updating to? This is all assuming that these chat messages from hosts and panelists was fixed yesterday in the newest SDK from Zoom.

Having a look at the changelog, I don’t see anything that is of any importance that Zoom has improved to the SDKs at all.

Please let me know why this is the case?

Hi @kaitlynnst
Thanks for sharing your feedback here.
I did some testing on my end with our Meeting Web SDK sample app

And by default, you send messages to “Everyone” when holding a webinar.
Is my understanding correct that you would like this value to be “host and panelists” by default?

@elisa.zoom It should be set to ‘Everyone’ by default as most people cannot see what others are saying when they join the webinar.

Hi @kaitlynnst
Just to confirm, I tested with the sample app, using a webinar and by default I see “Everyone”:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.