First recording.started event not received

API Endpoint(s) and/or Zoom API Event(s)
[https://developers.zoom.us/docs/api/rest/reference/zoom-api/events/#operation/recording.started](https://Webhook Recording Started)

Description
I’m having an unexpected behavior for user who install my app. If after installing the app, they immediately start a meeting and then start recording to the cloud, the recording started event webhook is not being called. If they pause the recording and resume it, or if they stop the recording and then start recording again, those events are received just fine. And then if afterwards (either in the same meeting or in another meeting) they start recording again, the “recording started” event is received just fine. This only happens in the very first meeting after installing the app.

Error?
I don’t get an error message. It’s just that the first recording started for the first meeting after installing is not being sent. It might even be sent at a later time, but with a significant delay so that by the time it’s being sent, we have already have received the recording stopped and recording complete events.

How To Reproduce
Requisites: Have an app that has registered to receive the recording started event, the recording stopped event and the recording complete event.

1. Have an user install the app.
  2. Immediately after installing the app, start a new meeting (I used the Start meeting button in the apps tab of the zoom desktop client, but any method to start a meeting should work).
  3. In the meeting, start cloud recording.
  4. On your registered endpoint for the meeting started event you will not get the event, even after waiting a couple of minutes.
  5. After about 30 seconds, stop the recording.
  6. You will receive the stop recording event immediately.
  7. Start recording again, you will receive the recording started event immediately.
  8. Stop the meeting, you will receive the recording complete event after a few meetings.
  9. Start a new meeting.
  10. Start recording to the cloud.
  11. You will receive the recording started event immediately (as expected).
  12. Stop the meeting (you’ll receive all the usual events).
  13. Remove the app from your account.
  14. Install the app again.
  15. Immediately after installing the app, start a new meeting (I used the Start meeting button in the apps tab of the zoom desktop client, but any method to start a meeting should work).
  16. In the meeting, start cloud recording.
  17. On your registered endpoint for the meeting started event you will not get the event, even after waiting a couple of minutes.

The unexpected behavior is highlighted with bold.

1 Like

Bumping this, we need an answer.