Registrant_id missing in GetMeetingParticipantReport

In some, and only in some, rows of GetMeetingParticipantReport result, the field registrant_id is missing.

It can be one or a few entries in a whole dataset. All other results contains the field correctly. So it’s not a configuration error.

Hi @BCELT,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

If you’re seeing this on just a few participants, this usually means they joined the meeting as a guest or didn’t use the registration join_url to join. If you can share the meeting ID, I’m happy to take a closer look at the participant report for you to help confirm.

Let me know—thanks!
Will

E.g. meeting 91650062456 has one person without registrant_id

What do you mean by “joined the meeting as guest”? People need to be registered and logged in as zoom users to have a registrant_id? Even if they used the provided join_url? Really?

Does this mean that I need to disable guest user to effectively use registrant_id?

Hi @BCELT,

Thanks for sharing this. In taking a look at the meeting itself, I’m not seeing anything out of the ordinary. To clarify, when I say “joined as a guest”, I mean they may have joined the meeting without using their unique registrant join_url. In these instances, their registrant ID might not be captured.

Do you have a specific user id for whom you expect to see a registrant ID but don’t? Let me know and I’ll be happy to check our logs to confirm.

Thanks,
Will

Can you please explain to me how can I create a meeting through the API so that people have to join only via the registration url and cannot have an empty registrant_id?

Hi @BCELT,

If you’re providing your participants with their unique registrant URLs only, this should ensure that their registrant_id is provided. How are your participants typically joining meetings? (i.e., via the native Zoom Client, our Web Client, etc.) Additionally, is it possible your participants could have access to the standard join_url for your meetings as well?

Let me know—thanks!
Will

I’m having this same issue. Wouldn’t a registration-only meeting prevent access to the join url anyways?

Hi @classrooms,

How are your participants typically joining meetings? (i.e., via the native Zoom Client, our Web Client, etc.)

Wouldn’t a registration-only meeting prevent access to the join url anyways?

If the user only has access to the registration join url, yes. But if the host shared the generic join_url as well, this could allow them to join without their registrant ID being reflected.

Thanks,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.