Get Meeting Passcode using Zoom App SDK

Zoom Apps Configuration
React Zoom App, in meeting side panel.

Description
I want to get the meeting passcode for the current meeting where the app is open. My use case is for a Corporate external user to join the current user’s meeting.
I noticed the WebSDK for Android has a function that accomplishes this, but I haven’t been able to find one such option in @zoom1234/appssdk
I want to avoid the user having to type the password on their own for UX reasons.

Error?
No error message.

Troubleshooting Routes
Thoroughly read @zoom1234/appssdk documentation.

You can use a couple of Meeting API REST calls for this. If you already have the OAuth routine in place and the ZoomSDK configured, this should be as easy as:

// get current meeting UUID
const { meetingUUID } = await zoomSdk.getMeetingUUID();
// get all live meetings for current user
// >>>ASIDE: Can a user have more than 1 live meeting ?
const { meetings } = await fetch(`PROXIED_PATH_TO_ZOOM_API_SERVER/users/me/meetings?type=live`).then(r => r.json());
// find the one that matches the current meeting UUID
const _meetingID = meetings.find(m => m.uuid === meetingUUID).id;
// get the passcode and store it in `const password`
const { password } = await fetch(`PROXIED_PATH_TO_ZOOM_API_SERVER/meetings/${_meetingID`).then(r => r.json());

Disclaimer: not tested

1 Like

Hey that sounds reasonable.
Will go ahead and try it and let you know if it worked when I’m done. Thank you!

That worked brilliantly, thank you Biinster!

@hmagana1,
Glad you were able to get support from, @biinster ! Please don’t hesitate to ask me any additional questions. Please let us know as we are always happy to help.

Happy coding!