getConnectionQuality on ZoomSDKUserInfo

Description
The getConnectionQuality method as described in the online documentation does not seem to exist in the SDK

Which macOS Meeting SDK version?
v5.7.6.1337

To Reproduce(If applicable)

1. See documentation at https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/native-sdks/macos/mac-sdk-functions for getConnectionQuality
  2. Browse ZoomSDKMeetingActionController.h and find no such function

Additional context
The method described in the documentation would be very helpful to have in the SDK. What would be even better is a method analogous to the iOS SDK’s onSinkMeetingVideoQualityChanged where we are alerted of a change in a user’s video quality rather than having to call a function to get it.

Thanks for any help.

Hi @brainbomb, thanks for the post.

Currently the SDK does support getting the connection quality for the meeting as a whole through getConnectionQuality. Does this fit your needs?

Thanks!

Thanks @jon.zoom . That method does help! It would be especially helpful to be able to receive this information per user as is possible with the iOS SDK. And again, automatically receiving information on a change in quality is probably preferable to having to request it for our purposes. As it stands I’m not sure when I would know to request connection quality (to be able to respond to a drop in quality, for example) other than calling that function repeatedly for the duration of the entire meeting. If you have any tips on that or can share any plans on development this area it’s of course appreciated!

Hi @brainbomb,

That’s great to hear that this will at least get you part of the way there! For now, it seems that the best approach will be to periodically poll the quality to check for any changes.

It is a little strange that the mobile SDKs support something that is not supported on the desktop SDKs. Usually the desktop platforms have a more robust feature set. I can definitely submit a feature request for this functionality, but I am wondering if there was a technical limitation that prevented this from being added to the macOS SDK. Either way, I will be sure to keep you updated on that front!

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.