Getting gray color box in shared screen - windows SDK c# wrapper issue

Hello,

i’m using windows SDK c# wrapper issue,

when i shared screen with other participant they get gray box at the place of control bar, chat box, participant box or any other opstical.

shared by screen :

shared to screen :

please help me i need to solve this issue as soon as posible

Thank You.

Thanks for your feedback. It seems to be a bug. I will check it.

This is happening again - anyone know why?

Still having this issue! any ideas?

Also encountering the same problem on both my desktop and laptop (Windows 10).

Having the exact same issue when sharing screen. The menu bar and video window appears as grey boxes when others are seeing my screen!!

I am also having this issue. Can’t find a fix… My team members do not have the same problem I do.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the reply. May I inquire which SDK (Windows SDK or C# wrapper) are you facing this issue? And what is the SDK version you are using?

Please have a try with the latest version of C# wrapper and it should not have this issue.

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

While waiting for a fix for this issue, I thought I could share my way to get around the problem:
When sharing screen, choose advance option and share portion of the screen only, and move/resize it away from the notification pop up area. Then resize the material you want to share inside the green border. For PPT slide show, make it a windowed slide show and resize it into the green border. Hope that helps!

And to me, this grey pop up only appears when choose to ‘Optimize for full screen video clip’ when sharing screen. If I only choose ‘share computer sound’ only, the grey pop up doesn’t appears. So if you have no need to share video, I suggest you try to turn off the optimize option for video clip.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the replies. This issue is not happening in the latest version of SDK. Please have a try.

Thanks!

Dear group,
I’ll tell you right off the bat that I do not at all belong in this group.
However, I have been wrestling for a while with the grey box phenomenon and I am out of options.
Zoom tech support has not been able to help me so far and I really have exhausted all of my options. That’s how I ended up here.
I do not know the first thing about Windows SDK’s or C# wrappers. How does this relate to simple folks and is there a simple fix?
Very sorry for barging in.
Johan

2 Likes

Hi Johan,

Thanks for the reply. Are you experiencing this with Zoom Client or Zoom SDK?

If you are experiencing this with Zoom Windows SDK or C# wrapper, please have a try with the latest version of the SDK, simply upgrade the SDK library should fix this issue. If you are still experiencing this with Windows SDK or C# wrapper, then I will need to request for SDK log and more info for us to further investigate.

If you are experiencing this with Zoom Windows Client, as this forum is for Marketplace App questions and SDK questions, so this is out of the scope that I could help. I do not have visibilities or insights regarding the issues with Zoom clients. If you have already contacted the Zoom client support at https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362003 and the problem persists, maybe you could try to do a reinstallation of your client and upgrade it to the latest version as see if it helps.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

I’m in the same boat as you. Still have the same issue and I’m not a developer.

I noticed that this issue only occurs for me on my pc, my work mac has no problem with it.

On my pc, when I share the entire screen, I can select the option “Show Zoom Windows During Screen Share”. It reveals the grey boxes to those I’m sharing to. This only seems to work when sharing the whole desktop. When I share just a single window, I still have grey boxes.

A work around that I’ve done is to join the zoom call on both my PC and either my phone or my work mac. Then I can have my video windows in a gallery video on one device and hide the control panel and video panel windows on the device doing the sharing. This gives my viewers a clear view and on my secondary device I can still see all of them.

I hope that there is a fix soon!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi everyone,

If you are experiencing this issue with Zoom Client, please contact Zoom client support at https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new as this is out of the scope of what this forum is for.

If you are experiencing this issue with Zoom SDK, please have a try with the latest version and it should fix this issue.

If you are still facing this issue with Zoom SDK, please start another post for further assistance. Thank you!