Getting "java.lang.NullPointerException" while trying to join a meeting in the demo/sample app

Hi Team,

I am trying to run the sample android app from the given link,

I imported the latest commonlib and mobilertc, hence used the jwt token following the guidelines from here:

I am able to run the application, but when I am trying to join the meeting from the application, it is crashing, with following message :

FATAL EXCEPTION: main
Process: com.example.basicdemoapp, PID: 11103
java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke interface method ‘int us.zoom.sdk.MeetingService.joinMeetingWithParams(android.content.Context, us.zoom.sdk.JoinMeetingParams, us.zoom.sdk.JoinMeetingOptions)’ on a null object reference
at com.example.basicdemoapp.MainActivity.joinMeeting(MainActivity.kt:98)
at com.example.basicdemoapp.MainActivity.createJoinMeetingDialog$lambda$8(MainActivity.kt:133)
at com.example.basicdemoapp.MainActivity.$r8$lambda$2n9OoR3CUBIYxBJbYA9dGjQScwM(Unknown Source:0)
at com.example.basicdemoapp.MainActivity$$ExternalSyntheticLambda0.onClick(Unknown Source:2)
at androidx.appcompat.app.AlertController$ButtonHandler.handleMessage(AlertController.java:167)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:106)
at android.os.Looper.loopOnce(Looper.java:226)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:313)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:8762)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:604)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:1067)

please let me know if any thing else is require from my side to further investigate this incident.

Thank You

1 Like

Hi Team, any update on this ?

@prathjain12 please download the latest SDK from marketplace.zoom.us
The SDK found on github is below the minimum version, and should not work.