Guidance on Scopes Needed

I’m trying to update one of my organization’s scripts that manages user accounts across the whole org. This script uses the now deprecated JWT, and I am trying to complete the migration to OAuth.

I’m not sure about the scopes I need for my particular case, as I haven’t done this before, and just wanted to verify if my line of thinking was correct.

I believe this script’s only interaction with Zoom is disabling individual user accounts if they’re no longer actively employed by my org. What scope do I need to add to the application so I can do this?

So far, I’ve added /user:read:admin and /user:write:admin

Does this seem correct?

Hi @wongj
Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to our community!
To provide you with some guidance, it would be ideal if you could identify what endpoints your script is hitting, that way you will be able to add the scopes that you need

I’m assuming that by endpoint, you mean Zoom product? So I think in this case, it would be Zoom Meetings. Might be worth mentioning–this is also the only Zoom product my org is using.

Hi @wongj
By endpoints I mean what APIs your script is hitting, for example if you are getting a list of all the users under the account, then most likely your script is hitting the Get users endpoint:

So if you could gather a list of the endpoints the script is calling, then it would be easier for us to guide you :slight_smile: